1. Florence architecture , Photo: Rosino
2. Reading on fountain steps, Photo: Alaskan Dude
3. Italian sliced deli meat platter with olives, Photo: Alaskan Dude
4. Homes with flowers by the Arno River, Photo: Pasujoba
5. Street performer, Photo: McPig
6. View from outside the city, Photo: McPig
7. Aerial view, Photo: Carlo Alcos
8. Evening cafe snack, Photo: McPig
9. Street side cafe, Photo: McPig
10. Rubbing the stomach of Little Bacchus is said to bring good luck, Photo: Alaskan Dude
11. Funky shoes for sale, Photo: Alaskan Dude
12. Deli offerings, Photo: Alaskan Dude
13. Live music in the square, Photo: Rosino
14. One of many, many statues in Florence. Photo: Carlo Alcos
15. Eating gelato with both hands, Photo: Alaskan Dude
16. Italian cafe snack, Photo: McPig
17. The city by night, Photo: McPig
18. Street art in Florence, Photo: smokeonit
19. Shops at Ponte Vecchio, Photo: Gimli_36
20. Florence at sunset, Photo: Chi King
Sign up for our newsletter and get emails of great stories like this.
Gee, these photos really make me want to go back and spend more than 24 hours in Florence, which is all I had on my only previous trip. Also, it struck me that to be a street artist there you must *really* have some self-confidence!
Beautiful photos! I loved the last one, very warm and inviting!
Great work, Heather… except, you’ve made me feel hungry!
Beautiful photos! Yummm to #8.
Photo #4 makes me all restless.
These photos make want to fall in love with Florence all over again!
Beautiful photos; they make me want to return. However, one thing I’d say having studied there as well is if you want to meet italians, go elsewhere. The city is so inundated with foreigners that the locals are less interested in meeting one more tourist.
That being said, it’s worth a visit all the same.
That bacchus certainly took me by surprise. Oh how prudish we’ve become!
Photo # 18 isn’t Florence it’s Bologna!!
Pingback: Via Italia()
Pingback: How I Learned Italian for the Price of Beer()
Beautiful highlights of Firenze! Makes me grateful that I was able to spend time in this amazing city.
You must have had a ball!!co Larah
Matador specializes in building native content + high impact display for some of the world's biggest brands and destinations.