Verona is the fourth italian city as historical relevance and one of the most popular tourist destinations of Italy.
In Verona you can find monuments from different periods, from romans to nowadays, beautiful panoramas, typical restaurants and a unique atmosphere that makes Verona a must. As a matter of fact recently, the city of Verona has been listed in the UNESCO heritage list.
Why is Verona famous in the world?
- The Arena and all the roman’s remainings – in the Arena the most famous Opera festival takes place every summer and also many famous international stars choose the Arena as a Venue for special events and concerts.
- Romeo and Juliet’s legend – somebody comes to Verona just to see Juliet’s balcony, we can truly say this is not the most fascinating monument of town, but if you read Shakespeare you can’t miss it.
- Renaissance monuments like Piazza Erbe, voted as the most beautiful italian square by tourists that visited the country in the last years.
- The position – Verona is situated in the middle of northern Italy and it is the best location for those who want to visit all the beauties nearby, from Lake Garda to the historical cities of Veneto region (but even other regions are just a step away).
- The wine – Valpolicella with its unique landscape is one of the top three italian areas for wine making and obviously for wine tasting, Verona’s wines like Amarone and Valpolicella are placed in the top wine lists by experts from all over the world.
There are many other things you could enjoy during a holiday in Verona like traditions, people, history and food, by now enjoy this post.