2 responses to How To: Teach English in China Today

1. In my experience you don’t need to be a certified teacher to teach in a public school. I had friends who did this in Shanghai and I also inquired about this while there. One friend didn’t even have a degree and he worked in a public school. Public schools and universities don’t typically pay that much. You’ll make more working in a private school.

The funny thing is that private companies are often the ones who find teachers to work in public schools. They are the ones who pay the teacher as well.

To work in most international schools you’ll need to be a certified teacher.

2. I have worked in China for the last 8 years and I love it. I help teachers to find work in China and run my own recruitment agency @ http://www.redstarrecruitment.com Come and have a look at the latest jobs I have.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>