Note: All positions can be done remotely from any location.
⇒ WORDPRESS PAGE LAYOUT
Matador, the web’s leading travel publisher, is seeking someone with WordPress backend experience to assist in the layout of content for publication.
- Experience and familiarity with WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML
- An eye for sourcing compelling imagery
- Flexible schedule allowing you to respond quickly (within 1-2 hours) to urgent task requests, while fulfilling an overall workload of 10-20 hours per week
- Location in North America (preferred, but we’re willing to consider other locations for the right candidate)
To apply, click the button below, select “WordPress Page Layout,” and upload your CV or resume. Also, please include a URL to a live page somewhere on the internet that you were responsible for laying out in WordPress. Please note that applications without a URL will not be considered.
⇒ BILINGUAL EDITOR / TRANSLATOR
Matador, the web’s leading travel publisher, is seeking savvy, bilingual translators and web editors [English / Spanish, English / Portuguese, English / Japanese, English / German, English / Chinese (Mandarin), and English / Korean] to translate content and help build editorials.
* Must be a native speaker in your respective language, (for example a Spanish-English translator must be a native Spanish speaker.)
* Must also be fully bilingual with written / spoken English
* Must have experience translating
* Experience in journalism or editorial a plus.
To apply, please upload your CV or resume in the form below, selecting ‘BILINGUAL TRANSLATOR’ and add a url or link to your blog or portfolio in the URL field.
Please note that applications without a url will not be considered.
⇒ VIRAL CONTENT PRODUCERS
Matador, the web’s leading travel publisher, is seeking savvy viral content producers to create content intended to be shared around the social web.
* Writing, editing and producing highly shareable posts in the travel space
* Writing headlines that people will want to click on
* Sourcing high-quality images
* Publishing 1-2 traffic-driving pieces weekly
* A thorough understanding of the social web, and the ever-evolving Internet zeitgeist
* A sensibility for what people on the internet want to share.
* An eye for captivating visuals.
* Insatiable appetite for viral content and social media
* You’re driven to WIN, by having the largest number of people see your work.
* Established social media presence
* Experience working for a professional media organization (Preferred)
* A love of travel. (Preferred)
To apply use the application form below to send us links to your social presence.
* Show us an example of something you’ve made take off across the web (or at least in your circle)
* List 5-7 travel oriented links/videos/images that you think everybody should know about. Using your cultivated wit, write headlines for each link with a sentence explaining why a potential reader should click on it.
⇒ WORDPRESS / PHP DEVELOPER
We’re looking for a skilled up-and-coming developer to join our team. You’ll be working under our CTO to develop all of Matador’s various properties.
* Writes well documented, highly modular code
* Knowledge in object-oriented programming and a strong understanding of MVC
* Relational database knowledge and SQL experience
CSS / HTML
* Understanding of CSS3 and HTML5
* Browser independent coding with a strong sense of design
* Knowledge of progressive enhancement techniques
* Understanding of how AJAX works and how it is best implemented
* Understanding of writing custom themes and plugins
* We love WordPress, so you should too
* Knowledge of version control, how to use it, and know why it is important
* Working knowledge of Linux would be a bonus
⇒ MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
Matador Network is looking for a highly skilled mobile application developer to build some exciting new products working under our CTO.
* Extensive experience with mobile application development environments including iOS and Android. Windows Mobile and BlackBerry nice to have.
* Eye for clean, usable design
* Experienced utilizing API’s for data collection and remote command execution
* Knowledge of PHP and web-based development
* Strong relational database knowledge and SQL experience with MySQL
* Strong Linux knowledge
* Working knowledge of WordPress
* Experience with version control, specifically SVN