Please activate the Breadcrumb-NavXT plug-in to use the section.
Note: All positions can be done remotely from any location.
⇒ BILINGUAL EDITOR / TRANSLATOR
Matador, the web’s leading travel publisher, is seeking savvy, bilingual translators and web editors [English / Spanish, English / Portuguese, English / Japanese, English / German, English / Chinese (Mandarin), and English / Korean] to translate content and help build editorials.
*Must be a native speaker in your respective language, (for example a Spanish-English translator must be a native Spanish speaker.)
*Must also be fully bilingual with written / spoken English
*Must have experience translating
*Experience in journalism or editorial a plus.
To apply, please upload your CV or resume in the form below, selecting ‘BILINGUAL TRANSLATOR’ and add a url or link to your blog or portfolio in the URL field.
Please note that applications without a url will not be considered.
⇒ VIRAL CONTENT PRODUCERS
Matador, the web’s leading travel publisher, is seeking savvy viral content producers to create content intended to be shared around the social web.
*Writing, editing and producing highly shareable posts in the travel space
*Writing headlines that people will want to click on
*Sourcing high-quality images
*Publishing 1-2 traffic-driving pieces weekly
*A thorough understanding of the social web, and the ever-evolving Internet zeitgeist
*A sensibility for what people on the internet want to share.
*An eye for captivating visuals.
*Insatiable appetite for viral content and social media
*You’re driven to WIN, by having the largest number of people see your work.
*Established social media presence
*Experience working for a professional media organization (Preferred)
*A love of travel. (Preferred)
To apply use the application form below to send us links to your social presence.
*Show us an example of something you’ve made take off across the web (or at least in your circle)
*List 5-7 travel oriented links/videos/images that you think everybody should know about. Using your cultivated wit, write headlines for each link with a sentence explaining why a potential reader should click on it.
⇒ WORDPRESS / PHP DEVELOPER
We’re looking for a skilled up-and-coming developer to join our team. You’ll be working under our CTO to develop all of Matador’s various properties.
* Writes well documented, highly modular code
* Knowledge in object-oriented programming and a strong understanding of MVC
* Relational database knowledge and SQL experience
CSS / HTML
* Understanding of CSS3 and HTML5
* Browser independent coding with a strong sense of design
* Knowledge of progressive enhancement techniques
* Understanding of how AJAX works and how it is best implemented
* Understanding of writing custom themes and plugins
* We love WordPress, so you should too
* Knowledge of version control, how to use it, and know why it is important
* Working knowledge of Linux would be a bonus
⇒ MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
Matador Network is looking for a highly skilled mobile application developer to build some exciting new products working under our CTO.
* Extensive experience with mobile application development environments including iOS and Android. Windows Mobile and BlackBerry nice to have.
* Eye for clean, usable design
* Experienced utilizing API’s for data collection and remote command execution
* Knowledge of PHP and web-based development
* Strong relational database knowledge and SQL experience with MySQL
* Strong Linux knowledge
* Working knowledge of WordPress
* Experience with version control, specifically SVN