AFTER AWARDING MATADOR A “LOWELL THOMAS” in 2010, the Society of American Travel Writers Foundation has once again awarded Matador the Silver for Travel Journalism Sites.
The Foundation notes that these awards are like the “Pulitzer Prizes for travel journalism.” They are:
- open to all North American journalists, not just SATW members, and
- judged independently by the faculty at top U.S. schools of journalism
I look forward to reading the judges’ comments soon. In the meantime I wanted to thank the faculty at University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication (who served as judges in this year’s competition) for recognizing our editorial vision and community of writers, photographers, and filmmakers.
I also wanted to congratulate the rest of the 2011 Lowell Thomas award-winners. This is big-time recognition for those of us working in travel journalism. Stoke.
Get more stuff like this in your inbox!
Sign up for our newsletter and get emails of great stories like this.
Related ArticlesJump to More Related Articles ↓
More By This Author
- How to carve a menorah (19 comments)
- Why Matador is launching sites in 7 languages (2 comments)
- Remember these two words when it gets hectic for the holidays (1 comments)