This week, former reality television star and socialite Paris Hilton arrived in Cuba for a vacation. And so, before the island country even really had a chance to have its day as an “it” destination, it may already be over.
Here are 17 ways to know if a hot spot has jumped the shark.
1. D-list celebrities start going there. This includes but is not limited to any former cast member of “Saved by the Bell” besides Mario Lopez, anyone with the last name Kardashian, the Real Housewives, and Chris Harrison.
2. Your grandma starts raving about it.
3. You get a Groupon for it.
4. They shoot “The Bachelor” proposal there.
5. It becomes a sea of fanny packs and selfie sticks.
6. They open a Jimmy Buffett/Margaritaville restaurant.
7. The most basic girl in your Instagram feed posts a picture from there.
8. They open the first Starbucks/McDonald’s there.
9. Tinder guys start taking selfies with locals there.
10. The first pack of cruise passengers descend there.
11. They start printing T-shirts that say “I Went to X Awesome Destination and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt.”
12. Taylor Swift writes a song about it.
13. @thefatjewish starts ripping on it on Instagram.
14. Someone starts a booze cruise there.
15. The entire location has free Wi-Fi.
16. You hear about it on the “Today” show.
17. They woo you by naming all of the A-listers who previously vacationed there but will never return, due to its current popularity.
This post originally appeared on Yahoo Travel, and is republished here with permission. Let Yahoo Travel inspire you every day. Hang out with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. And check out Yahoo Travel’s original video series, “A Broad Abroad.”