The Leapyear Project (LYP) was created by Victor Saad with a goal to encourage people to not only take a risk “for good” but to share their stories across social media outlets by tagging the story with #lyproject. The project just launched at the beginning of January, but people are already sharing on Facebook and on Twitter.
If you’d like to participate, the Leapyear Project has some tips to consider when you’re planning your risk:
- LYP is about making something better or more beautiful.
- LYP is about taking risks together.
- Risk involves a combination of thinking, feeling, and acting.
- Risk is not about having the most resources.
- Risk may not make everyone happy.
- Risk isn’t about glamour.
- Failure is a friend of risk.
- Risk is not limited by social, racial, economic, or geographic stipulations.
What risk are you willing to take to make the world a better place in 2012?