NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD.
VOID IN HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE STATED ABOVE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Matador Network Wyoming Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the 48 contiguous continental United States or the District of Columbia. Void in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Matador Ventures, Inc. (dba Matador Network) (“Sponsor”), Wyoming Office of Tourism (“Wyoming Tourism”), their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, legal or financial advisors, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment or execution of this Sweepstakes (the foregoing parties, Sponsor, and Wyoming Tourism, collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step”) of each and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on December 7, 2017 at 12:00:00 am PT and ends on January 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm PT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT OR PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. To enter, entrants must access the online entry form at https://matadornetwork.com/content/wyoming-sweepstakes-2017/ and follow all related instructions to provide his/her full name and valid e-mail address and zip code (“Entry Requirements”). Compliance with the Entry Requirements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Maximum one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Submissions that violate, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, these Entry Requirements or do not meet the submission deadlines will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or about January 8, 2018 (“Drawing Date”), the winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be conducted by a Sponsor representative, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will notify the winner by email to the email address submitted during registration on or about January 8, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
a. One (1) winner will win: (i) two (2) round trip coach-class airline tickets from a major airport in the continental United States of the winner’s choosing to an airport near the Hotel in Jackson, Wyoming (ARV USD $1,500); (ii) accommodations for a three (3) night stay for the winner and a guest in a Premium Lodge room at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge & Cabins, located at 1000 Old Faithful Road, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming 82190 (“Hotel”) (ARV USD $1,110); (iii) breakfast, lunch and dinner for two at the Hotel during the stay, beginning with lunch on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day (ARV USD $510); (iv) three (3) sightseeing tours and/or activities in Wyoming for two, to be determined by Sponsor and based on availability (ARV USD $1,300); and (v) round trip airport transfers between the airport in Wyoming and the Hotel from Scenic Safaris (ARV USD $180) (collectively, the “Trip”). The total aggregate approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Trip is USD $4,600. Actual value depends on departure city, travel dates, and market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference in value between the stated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded. The various elements of the Trip will be as arranged by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All travel reservations are subject to advanced notice, holiday black-out dates and availability. Other restrictions may apply.
b. The winner is responsible for all ground transportation costs except for airport transfers in Wyoming.
c. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight.
d. It is the winner and his/her guest’s responsibility to arrive at the airport in time for their departures and to obtain and possess all required travel documents. Sponsor has no responsibility for lost, stolen, misplaced or mutilated tickets and/or travel documents, baggage, flight delays, or any other occurrences beyond its control. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsor has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize any part of the prize as described herein. The winner must comply with all check-in requirements, including the presentation of a major credit card. Unused components of the Trip have no redeemable cash value. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or upgrades and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Travel must be round-trip. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by the travel prize suppliers, including but not limited to, the airline’s passenger ticket contract, and any other rules or restrictions as may be determined in the sole discretion of Wyoming Tourism and Sponsor. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is not assignable or transferable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater retail value.
e. The winner will be required to sign and return any documents as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor and Wyoming Tourism, including but not limited to, a Liability and Publicity Release. Failure to sign and return these documents, if any, by the specified return date will result in forfeiture of the prize. The winner must sign and return required documentation within fourteen (14) calendar days of issuance.
f. The winner will be issued a Form 1099 for tax purposes in the amount of the actual retail value of the Trip and must submit his/her Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID Number as required by law. All federal, state, local, and other taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. All other expenses, costs, and third party fees not expressly listed above, including but not limited to, food, drinks, activities, gratuities, and other incidentals are solely the winner’s responsibility.
g. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BETWEEN DECEMBER 15, 2018 AND FEBRUARY 24, 2019, SUBJECT TO HOLIDAY BLACK-OUT DATES. FLIGHT TICKETS & HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE ARRANGED WITH SPONSOR AND RESERVED A MINIMUM OF SIXTY (60) DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE DESIRED DEPARTING FLIGHT DATE. ALL TRAVEL RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND SPONSOR’S APPROVAL. NO NAME, DEPARTURE TIME, OR DATE CHANGES ARE PERMITTED ONCE ANY TRAVEL RESERVATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE. ANY CHANGES WILL SUBJECT THE PRIZE TO FORFEITURE. If the winner is unable to use the prize during the specified time period, the winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and a substitute winner may be selected at random from among all remaining eligible entries. In case of prize forfeiture, no further compensation is due by Sponsor or Wyoming Tourism. The winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The winner and his/her guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
h. Once the winner has identified his or her guest to Sponsor, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and will be required to sign and return any documents as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor and Wyoming Tourism, including but not limited to, a Liability and Publicity Release. If the potential guest fails to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the winner may forfeit the right to bring a guest.
6. PRIZE CLAIM. Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and residency.
If the winner (i) is determined to be ineligible or (ii) fails to respond to the initial verification message within one (1) week of notification or after three (3) attempts (whichever occurs first), the winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the winner. The authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
To arrange flight and hotel reservations, the winner must contact Sponsor at email@example.com.
7. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IF ENTRANT IS SELECTED AS THE WINNER, HIS/HER NAME, LOCATION, AND/OR PHOTO MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF SPONSOR’S AND/OR WYOMING TOURISM’S DIGITAL, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND MARKETING ASSETS, AT EACH SUCH PARTY’S SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME. Except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, if entrant is selected as the winner, entrant grants Sponsor, Wyoming Tourism, and their respective agents a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and sub-licensable right and license to use, distribute, and publicly display entrant’s name, location, and/or photo in any way, at any time, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, without any additional approval or consent of, and without consideration to the entrant.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
a. Lost or Corrupted Entries; Sweepstakes Errors. By participating in the Sweepstakes or accepting the prize, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, altered, garbled, incorrect, incomplete or delayed entries all of which will be void. Sweepstakes Parties are also not responsible for problems related to unauthorized human intervention or for technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications, which may prevent the receipt of an entry or otherwise limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If due to an error or for any other reason, more legitimate prize claims are received than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes in a random drawing from among all verified and legitimate prize claims received. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Sweepstakes Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s).
b. Disclaimer of Warranties. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
c. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD, HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER ACTIVITY RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
d. Limitation of Liability. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing if requested by Sponsor) that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, or consequential damages and (b) that any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. SPONSOR’S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to force majeure or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process or otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in its discretion in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and local courts located in San Francisco County, California and the federal courts located in the Northern District of California for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
13. WINNER’S LIST. For the name of the winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days after the end of the Entry Period.
14. SPONSOR. Matador Ventures, Inc. (dba Matador Network), PO Box 7775 #40021, San Francisco, CA 94120.