Nope, we got the iPhone 4s instead. No prettier on the outside than your iPhone 4, but the inside is smarter – and that’s what counts, right? The keynote wasn’t streamed live, but the official vid is below. (Spoiler alert: The robot apocalypse is coming.)
- Dual-core A5 CPU
- Dual-core graphics
- Battery life: 8 hours of talk for the 3G, 14 for the 2G. 6 hours of browsing for the 3G, 9 on Wi-Fi. 10 hours of video playback, 40 hours of music
- Download speeds of 14.4Mbps
- World Phone (aka should work in “most” countries)
- 8 megapixel camera with a photo resolution of 3264 x 2448
- Voice-controlled personal assistant (seriously, the robots are taking over)
- Available in black or …. white?!
- Prices: 16GB – $199, 32GB – $299, 64GB – $399
- For those in the US, your choices are AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint
Reactions were no different than the norm following an Apple keynote, with die-hards opening their wallets before the event ended, others expressing their disappointment that it wasn’t The Five, and everyone else making derisive comments on YouTube about Apple consumers’ sanity, physical appearance, and lack of certain anatomical parts.
TechCrunch Editor Erick Schonfeld and Greg Kumparak had a more civil chat about the 4s. Disappointed? Nah. Pants-wetting? Not on camera, at least.
Are you upgrading from the iPhone 4? 3Gs? Motorola? Let’s poll it up.[poll id=”31″]