Whether you’re traveling, backpacking, or just walking across town, you need a shell that keeps you dry if it rains, and is breathable when you’re sweating. One of the most affordable and best all around choices is the REI Ultra Light.
*Two-way mechanical stretch delivers unlimited range of motion and feels remarkably comfortable over bulky layers like fleece
*Waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer REI Elements®/nylon with microporous polyurethane coating is seam-sealed for complete protection
* Windproof to 60 mph
* Fully adjustable, zip-off brimmed hood stores inside collar; when you zip off the hood the neck flap covers the zipper for a clean look
* Bonded front placket keeps wet weather andwind from penetrating; rip-and-stick closures secure placket
* Brushed collar lining is soft against skin
* Pit zippers let you vent body heat quickly
* Hem drawcord and elastic cuffs with laminated adjustment tabs help seal out the elements
* Chest pocket has water-resistant, bonded zipper with a garage to protect the head while two zip hand pockets feature bonded plackets
* Includes a 4 x 9 inch stuff sack
Tip: Wear layers to wick the moisture away from your body.
Cost: $119. Some are on sale for $80