Washington D.C., the nation’s capital, is the place to go for monuments and museums…if you’re an adult that is. This is no place to take your kids. Can you imagine how bored they’re going to get? Seriously it will be a disaster and here’s why:
1.They’ll want to take selfies wherever you go. There goes all your memory space.
A photo posted by Terri Pierce (@terripiercedtw) on
2. Sure DC has the Smithsonian but kids hate museums, right?
A photo posted by The Presley’s (@itsgoodtobeapresley) on
3. They’ll get freaked out by the giant elephant in the National History Museum.
4. They’ll never stop talking about becoming President.
A photo posted by Abbe McCracken (@abbemccrackenphotography) on
5. You’re going to have to answer all their questions at the American History Museum. And you’re very aware that history isn’t your strong point.
A photo posted by Courtney S (@mscourtschwab) on
6. Once they’ve eaten at Ben’s Chili Bowl they’ll always be disappointed by your cooking.
7. They’ll have no interest whatsoever in visiting the monuments.
8. You know who’ll be doing all the legwork when you go paddle boating in Tidal Basin.
A photo posted by Meghan Latcovich (@teamlatcovich) on
9. All those snow cones at Nationals Park will give them a sugar high.
10. They’ll think the street art is lame.
11. You’ll get tired before they do when you go biking.
12. They’ll refuse to eat the mouth-watering doughnuts you offer them.
13. They’ll think your house is super average once they see the White House.
14. You’ll run out of places to take them.
15. There are no playgrounds to take them to either.
Logan practicing his #surfboarding skills at #guymasonpark #gloverpark #bestdcplaygrounds #dcplaygrounds #dcwithkids #dcfamilylife #livefromdc #dckids #kidsindc #greenparks #ourstoryindc #adventuresindc For more, follow our family on the #snap! Link in profile.
A photo posted by Angelica Talan • ClarendonMoms (@angelicatalan) on
16. They’ll have a miserable time. Don’t even bother.
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
100,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
100,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points