24 Things To Do on a Layover in Atlanta
1. Grab a coffee from Octane Coffee Bar.
2. Head to Chastain Park and sip your latte on a morning jaunt.
3. Flying Biscuit Cafe will serve up some energy boosting raspberry French toast or black bean quesadillas for brunch after your early adventure.
4. Grab a rental bike from Skate Escape Bike Shop and ride around the lovely Piedmont Park and the BeltLine for a bit.
5. Elude real monsters and escape from a terrifying scenario at Room Escape Atlanta.
6. Stroll through the Botanical Gardens.
7. Visit Oakland Cemetery for a spooky, free walk through Atlanta history.
8. Opt for Po’ Boys, fried calamari, or tacos on the upper deck at Six Feet Under for a view of the whole cemetery.
9. Take the Doll’s Head Trail hike to see artwork created from litter and real doll heads found in the 125-acre Constitution Lakes Park in southeast Atlanta.
10. Take a highly educational gander at the Bodies Exhibition in Atlantic Station.
11. Fruit Ninja on a 60” screen, anyone? Maybe an air hockey tournament or free-throw contest sounds fun. Game-X, in downtown Atlanta, has something for everyone, including food and beer!
12. Explore the eclectic shops and eateries around Little 5 Points.
13. A bloody mary lover definitely can’t miss a trip to the do-it-yourself bar at Front Page News on any given weekend afternoon. There’s a beautiful patio surrounding a gigantic brick water fountain where you can enjoy the sunshine and sip your own special afternoon cocktail.
14. Hit the trail at Morningside Nature Preserve to feel close to nature, smack dab in the middle of the city.
15. Try climbing out at Stone Summit Climbing and Fitness Center.
16. Go on a scavenger hunt for the tiny entryways placed all over Atlanta by #TinyDoorsATL.
17. Pick one of Atlanta’s local and delicious burger joints like Grindhouse Killer Burgers or Yeah! Burger. (For vegetarians, I suggest the Grindhouse veggie burger.. yum!)
18. Pick up a bottle of wine and head to Sips n Strokes to spend an evening learning to paint while enjoying your favorite red.
19. Get your giggle on at Laughing Skull Lounge.
20. Sample craft beer at one of many local breweries around town; Monday Night Brewing, Sweetwater & Three Taverns to name a few.
21. Play miniature golf on the rooftop of Ponce City Market as the sun sets at the Skyline Park.
22. Catch a show at The Tabernacle, a concert venue that opened in 1911 as a Baptist church.
23. Spend some time at Krog Street Market or have some of Miss D’s gourmet popcorn and take a walk through Sweet Auburn Market.
24. Get a closer look at the stars at the Fernbank Science Center Observatory public viewing nights on Thursdays and Fridays.