1. What’s so special about Chiapas? The scenery is so average.
2. Your skin can’t handle the clear blue waters of Agua Azul.
3. You’re scared of visiting San Cristobal de las Casas as you know you’ll never want to leave.
4. Meeting descendants of the maya people doesn’t interest you in the slightest.
5. The insects clearly have artificial coloring in them.
6. The urban art scene is just non existent.
7. Pink organic beans don’t actually exist. This isn’t Jack and the Beanstalk.
8. Hand crafted fabrics? You only buy machine-made fabrics that are 100% identical.
9. The people of Chiapas are way too friendly for your liking.
10. They say that el lago de montebello is a paradise but how’s that possible if it’s not a beach?
11. You’ll waste your entire trip trying the local cuisine at wonderful restaurants like Típica.
12. Waterfalls called clouds? Clearly a myth!
Foto aérea de la cascada Las Nubes en el río Santo Domingo, Chiapas. 📷 Federico de Jesús Sánchez. #chiapas #lasnubes #cascadalasnubes #nature #naturelovers #naturaleza #paisaje #landscapelovers #landscape #cascada #waterfall #chiapasionate #misviajesméxicodesconocido #viajeroexpertomd #mexicodesconocido
13. You have no interest in crossing the border to Guatemala by boat, it’ll take ages!
14. You’re afraid of getting obsessed with the Maya culture. Best not risk it!
15. There are way too many stairs in Palenque. Too much walking for your liking!
16. Seriously how special can a tree be to be considered sacred?
The ancient #mayans of Central America believed that a great #ceibatree stood at the center of the earth, connecting the terrestrial world to the spirit-world above. Even today no one dares to cut down the sacred Ceiba Tree. LOVED seeing this outside of my tent every morning in #mancolona !#opwallmexico2015 #calakmul #realworld @natgeotravel @natgeo
17. Don’t go near the Chichonal volcano, it’s super dangerous.
18. You will never be as happy as when you were travelling around the stunning state of Chiapas!