My wife’s birthday and our wedding anniversary are two days apart, and we use the double occasion as an excuse to travel. This year we celebrated in Alaska. Check it out in HD.
- All footage shot with a GoPro HD Hero 2.
- Music is buddha breaks by wsl, made available through a creative commons license on Soundcloud. Lots of complexity in the track — worth a listen with real speakers and generous volume.
- Our accommodations and activities on this trip were arranged and paid for by the State of Alaska Tourism Office.
- 0:08 – Finding our seats in Alaska Railroad’s GoldStar observation car
- 0:23 – Floating the Nenana with Denali Raft Adventures
- 1:11 – Out the window of a K2 Aviation flightseeing plane
- 1:20 – Touchdown at Denali base camp
- 1:54 – Summit of Denali (20,320ft) in the distance; plenty of daylight left ~8:30PM
- 2:10 – Following the Ruth Glacier out of the Alaska Range
- 2:19 – Checking out Talkeetna Lakes Park on a hike with Alaska Nature Guides
- 2:30 – A quick mountain bike break in Kincaid Park, Anchorage
- 2:49 – Sick views driving south on the Seward Highway, along Turnagain Arm
- 2:56 – On the water in Resurrection Bay on a Kenai Fjords Tours day cruise
- 3:16 – BONUS: breaching humpback
- 3:27 – Short paddle around Tutka bay, south of the Homer Spit
- 3:42 – Day hike to Grewingk Glacier in Kachemak Bay State Park
- 3:52 – Enjoying the central deck (w/ hot tub) at Tutka Bay Lodge
- 3:58 – Taking the plunge into 44-degree water off the Tutka Bay Lodge dock, 10:30PM
[For more content from this trip, check out How to try a different local beer every night in Alaska and How to splurge in Alaska.]