2 responses to A view on dark tourism

1. Thanks for commenting Scott. I think you’re so right – sometimes if life is busy it can seem like a lot of effort to do the research necessary to really know what’s going on (although I think we both agree it’s worth making the effort). Good luck with your piece! Let me know when it’s published. I’d like to read it.

2. I think that “We” waaaaay too often do things because we can, and often only learn later that we “shouldn’t have.” We preface tours/etc with words like “eco”, or volunteer and we imagine (takes less time than thinking:) that it MUST be a good thing . . . often, it is not. There are, as you mentioned, our own motives to examine, let alone what our impact might be in such a place of devastation.

I’m working on a piece with a similar theme/subject . . . your gave me a kick in the butt :) Thank You :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>