It’s my 28th birthday today. Will you give me a great gift and help me spread some joy?
Do one or more of the following 28 things. If you want, share what happened on The Traveling Advisor Facebook or message me. A week from today I’ll write a follow-up post about your stories and pledges! (Please tell me if you prefer to remain anonymous.)
1. Take a lesson and learn something new. (If you don’t know where to start, email me and I’ll give you a short list of free resources to help you get started!)
2. Write about a meaningful gift someone has given to you and share it online.
3. Support a college student with a $10+ gift to study abroad or teach English this fall.
- Give to Tainia teaching English in China
- Give to Marisol studying theater in London
- Give to Casey studying abroad in London
4. Invite a co-worker out to lunch and pay for it.
5. Take an hour to do something you love but haven’t made time for recently. You may be surprised how much more joy you can bring others when you take time to take care of yourself!
6. Reach out to a friend you haven’t talked to in a while and ask to catch up this week.
7. Commit to traveling somewhere new within the next year. Write it down and tell at least one person. Check out these resources to start planning your trip!
8. Write a letter or postcard and send it.
10. Tell your child, spouse, partner, or parent one thing you appreciate about them that you’ve never told them before.