Matador Network Win a Trip to Dominica Sweepstakes Rules (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES EXCEPT RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND WHERE THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW AND WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
VOID IN ALL JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE STATED ABOVE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Matador Network Win A Trip To Dominica Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to Entrants and Nominees who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the United States, except residents of the State of Florida, and where not prohibited by law. Void where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Matador Ventures, Inc. (dba Matador Network) and/or Discover Dominica Authority (collectively “Sponsors” or individually “Sponsor”) their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, legal or financial advisors, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment or execution of this Sweepstakes, including the Influencers (the foregoing parties and Sponsors, collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step”) of each and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2021 at 10:00 am PT and ends on September 30, 2021 at 7:00 pm PT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT OR PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. To enter, entrants must fill out the required information per the instructions at https://matadornetwork.com/dominica-trip-giveaway and complete the form (“Registration Form”) in its entirety (“Entry Requirements”). The Sweepstakes Registration Form will request an Entrant’s name, email address and other information. Each fully completed Sweepstakes Registration Form will generate one (1) Sweepstake’s entry (“Entry”). Limit: One (1) Entry per Entrant. Submissions that violate these Entry Requirements or do not meet the submission deadlines will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Compliance with the Entry Requirements will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
4. DECISION AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or about October 8, 2021 (“Decision Date”), the winners will be randomly selected. One winner will be randomly selected from all Entries. Sponsor will notify the winner by sending an email to the email address submitted in the Entry. The winner must claim the prize within 48 hours of the message being sent, or a new winner will be selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
a. One (1) winner (“Winner”), upon confirmation of eligibility, will receive a 6-day/5-night trip for two (2) people to Dominica (the “Trip”). The Trip includes: (a) Two (2) roundtrip standard economy airfare tickets from a major commercial airport in the United States, near the Winner’s primary residence and Dominica, as determined by Sponsor; (b) 5-night single oceanfront hotel accommodations at Fort Young Hotel for two (2) people (room and tax only). The total aggregate approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Trip is USD $3,700. Actual value depends on market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference in value between the stated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded. The various elements of the Trip will be as arranged by Sponsors in their sole discretion. All travel reservations are subject to advanced notice, holiday black-out dates (Blackout Dates: 10/25/21 – 11/3/21; 11/18/21 – 1/7/22) and availability, but in all cases travel must be completed by June 30, 2022. Other restrictions may apply.
b. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or travel component.
c. It is the winner and their guest’s responsibility to arrive at the departure point in time for their departures and to obtain and possess all required travel documents. Sponsors have no responsibility for lost, stolen, misplaced or mutilated tickets and/or travel documents, baggage, flight delays, or any other occurrences beyond their control. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsors have no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize any part of the prize as described herein. The winner must comply with all check-in requirements, including the presentation of a major credit card. Unused components of the Trip have no redeemable cash value. Travel must be round-trip. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by the travel prize suppliers, including but not limited to any other rules or restrictions as may be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is not assignable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater retail value.
d. The winner and their guest will be required to sign and return any documents as may be reasonably requested by Sponsors, including but not limited to, a Liability and Publicity Release. Failure to sign and return these documents, if any, by the specified return date will result in forfeiture of the prize. The winner must sign and return required documentation within fourteen (14) calendar days of issuance.
e. All federal, state, local, and other taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. All other expenses, costs, and third party fees not expressly listed above, including but not limited to, food, drinks, activities, gratuities, and other incidentals are solely the winner’s responsibility.
f. ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED DURING THE ASSIGNED TRIP DATES. ALL TRAVEL RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND SPONSOR’S APPROVAL. NO NAME, DEPARTURE TIME, OR DATE CHANGES ARE PERMITTED ONCE ANY TRAVEL RESERVATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE. ANY CHANGES WILL SUBJECT THE PRIZE TO FORFEITURE. If the winner is unable to use the prize during the specified time period, the winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and a substitute winner may be selected at random from among all remaining eligible entries. In case of prize forfeiture, no further compensation is due by Sponsors. The winner is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The winner must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
6. PRIZE CLAIM. Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and residency.
If the winner (i) is determined to be ineligible or (ii) fails to respond to the initial verification message within 48 hours, the winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the winner. The authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
Sponsor will contact winner to arrange reservations.
7. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IF ENTRANT IS SELECTED AS THE WINNER, HIS/HER NAME, LOCATION, AND/OR PHOTO MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF SPONSORS’ DIGITAL, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND MARKETING ASSETS, AT EACH SUCH PARTY’S SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME. Except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, if entrant is selected as the winner, entrant grants Sponsors and their respective agents a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and sub-licensable right and license to use, distribute, and publicly display entrant’s name, location, and/or photo in any way, at any time, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, without any additional approval or consent of, and without consideration to the entrant.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
a. Lost or Corrupted Entries; Sweepstakes Errors. By participating in the Sweepstakes or accepting the prize, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, altered, garbled, incorrect, incomplete or delayed entries all of which will be void. Sweepstakes Parties are also not responsible for problems related to unauthorized human intervention or for technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications, which may prevent the receipt of an entry or otherwise limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If due to an error or for any other reason, more legitimate prize claims are received than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes in a random drawing from among all verified and legitimate prize claims received. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Sweepstakes Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s).
b. Disclaimer of Warranties. SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
c. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD, HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER ACTIVITY RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
d. Limitation of Liability. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing if requested by Sponsor) that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, or consequential damages and (b) that any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
e. Sweepstakes Platform Disclaimer and Release: This Sweepstakes will be publicized on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook (“Sweepstakes Platforms”). Please be advised that Sweepstakes Platforms do not endorse this Sweepstakes, have no stake in the outcome or administration of this Sweepstakes, and are not Parties to the Sweepstakes. By Participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Platforms from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, claims for personal injury, death and property damages, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. SPONSORS’ RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to force majeure or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process or otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize in their discretion in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and local courts located in San Francisco County, California and the federal courts located in the Northern District of California for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
13. WINNER’S LIST. For the name of the winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days after the end of the Entry Period.
14. SPONSOR. Matador Ventures, Inc. (dba Matador Network): PO Box 7775 #40021, San Francisco, CA 94120, USA. Discover Dominica Authority: Ground and 1st Floor, Marpin House, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street, Roseau, Dominica.