Junior Video Editor
Are you obsessed with the cross-section of TRAVEL and marketing — specifically, short-form video? Do you get super excited to jump on social media and pursue tons of TikTok videos, YouTube shorts, and Instagram reels? If you answered YES to the above, we want to hear from you!
Our company, Matador Network, is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand — and we’re hiring a Junior Video Editor to help us edit short-form video content for our social media accounts.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Editing short-form videos using Adobe Premiere for publishing on platforms such as TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, Facebook Video, and Pinterest
- Working directly with our Director of Social Media, TikTok Video Editors, and Social Media Coordinators to coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly video editing-related tasks
- Adhering to brand voice and visual aesthetic for all videos
- Sifting through approved and licensed creator content to find relevant videos for publishing
- Crafting compelling copy and call-to-actions that encourage engagement and followership from our audience
- Researching and keeping up to date with various social media video trends that can be adapted to fit our original content
You’re good at:
- Identifying and understanding new and emerging trends on social media (especially on platforms like TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, Facebook Video, and Pinterest)
- Understanding what makes an engaging video edit that will perform well on social media
- Crafting interesting and compelling post copy
- Solving problems with creativity
- Prioritizing limited time and human resources to focus on the projects that matter
- Working efficiently with your time while still holding great attention to the details
- 2+ years of video editing experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software (Premiere and After Effects)
- Advanced experience with short-form video editing and storytelling
- Excellent familiarity with the TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram video platforms, trends, and editing best practices
- Proven track record of growing social media accounts using short-form video content
- Ability to write dynamic, witty, and engaging copy for video posts
- A strong command of the English language
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using Asana, Google Suite, Slack, and Adobe Premiere
- An understanding of Matador’s voice, audience, and brand
- A love for travel, adventure, and people
- Ideally: 2+ years of shooting experience
Nuts and bolts:
- Hourly independent contractor with monthly compensation (30+ hours per week; expected to increase to full-time within three months).
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office).
- Based in a US time zone (working hours must be between 9 AM – 6 PM CST)
Go for it!
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, hourly salary expectations, and links to any social media accounts that you have managed and grown (this can include both brand/business and personal/creator accounts) to JVE@matadornetwork.com.
Travel as a force for good. At Matador, we envision a world where travel is a transformative experience that enables us to find humanity in each other, everywhere. It has the power to connect, heal, and inspire us to plan new adventures that positively impact the world.
We aim to empower a diverse generation of modern adventurers to share their stories and travel fearlessly.
Diversity at Matador:
Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower a wide array of viewpoints; candidates for this position should fully embrace this mission.