As you plan your 2017 travels, know that the U.S. National Park Service will be offering a number of days during which they will waive entrance fees to all 413 of the country’s national parks. So instead of paying $3 to $30 to get in, you can “Find Your Park” for free. Mark your calendar with these dates:
- January 16th: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20th: Presidents’ Day
- April 15th-16th and April 22nd-23rd: National Park Week Weekends
- August 25th: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30th: National Public Lands Day
- November 11th-12th: Veterans’ Day Weekend
289 of the agency’s 413 sites actually have free admission every day of the year. But while the entrance fees may be waived, there may still be charges for parking or programs, so come prepared.