Matador Ventures, LLC
Last Revised: 4.13.12
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail, age, marital status and the region in which you reside, Matador username, and password when you create an account to log in to our Site (“Account”).
- When you order Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. Occasionally, we may request demographic information, like your zip code, when you answer a survey.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on the Site, we may ask you for your email address and/or home number (to notify you if you win, or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your email address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We collect Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your hobbies and interests, when you create a public profile on our Site. The information that you provide in your public profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We may also collect Anonymous Information, including IP addresses, about your online activities and share this information with one or more third parties for use in tailoring ads to users on the Site and on third party sites and in analyzing and reporting on the advertising that you see. As part of our commitment to respect privacy concerns, we will, and we will require such third parties to, provide users with the ability to opt out of such use. To opt-out of behavioral advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative web site at www.networkadvertising.org.
Most browsers are initially set to accept Cookies and most services that include similar devices are typically initially activated to collect data. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a Cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (For some web pages that require an authorization, Cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept Cookies or similar devices will probably not be able to access those pages or the related services).
(c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at legal@MatadorNetwork.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
(d) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our Site;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Matador.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Matador reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Matador. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Matador.
(c) Business Partners. We may share your Personal Data with businesses, including our contest partners, with whom we have formed a strategic alliance. You may be able to identify these businesses because Matador has authorized them to display clearly identified and branded images on the Site. For more information about these companies’ separate privacy policies, you should contact the company directly. Should you have any complaints about the privacy practices of any of these companies, you should contact legal@MatadorNetwork.com.
(d) Participation on a Public Website. You should be aware that any Personal Data you submit on the Site in blogs, comments, other posts and your public profile can be read, collected, or use by other users of the Site, including anonymous visitors, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit to the Site.
(f) Anonymous Data. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell or otherwise disclose any and all Anonymous Data. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
7. Third Party Data Collection.
(a) Information Disclosed to Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, go to www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.]
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(a) Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(b) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Matador is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Matador uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Matador cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Attn: Ross Borden
228 Park Ave., S. #40021
New York, NY 10003-1502