Win a trip to see wild polar bears face to face
2012 EXPLORE THE CANADIAN ARCTIC COMPETITION
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to see the largest carnivorous mammals on land in their natural habitat. The Canadian arctic surrounding Churchill, Manitoba is regarded as one of the best places to view polar bears in the wild, and for the last week MatadorU faculty member Scott Sporleder has been in Manitoba checking out the bears for himself, sending us photo and video updates of his adventure.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Tweet telling us why you want to see the polar bears of the Canadian North and why you deserve to be chosen. The more convincing and creative you can be with your tweet, the more likely you are to grab out attention and win this thing.
2. You MUST include the hash tags #ExploreCanada and #polarbears and the link http://bit.ly/Q2A19z in your tweet to be eligible.
3. You may tweet and enter as many times as you like. Each day the MatadorU faculty will choose their favorite entry tweet; at the end of the contest they will select the winner from these daily favorites.
Competition ends Friday, November 23rd, 2012 at 11:59PM PST.
— Canada (@Keep_Exploring) November 10, 2012
ABOUT THE TRIP
Spend several days and nights aboard the Tundra Buggy Lodge at Polar Bear Point — a region with a very active polar bear population near Churchill, Manitoba. Experience the awesome beauty of the Canadian arctic and watch Mother Nature’s pageant of weather and wildlife from the comfort of your remote mobile lodge.
The Tundra Buggy Lodge is comprised of specialized modules that, when linked end to end, stretch almost 100 meters long. There are two sleeper cars (housing 18 and 20 guests, respectively), the lounge, and dining and utility cars. While on the lodge during the evening, guests are encouraged to utilize open decks between cars to view the polar bears and northern lights (weather permitting).
ONE WINNER WILL RECEIVE
1) Transportation to and from Churchill, Manitoba from North America
for winner and a guest.
2) 2 nights lodging in Winnipeg (before and after the Tundra Buggy Lodge experience).
3) 2 days of polar bear viewing and accommodations on the Tundra Buggy Lodge in the fall polar bear season of 2013 .
4) Bragging rights.
One second place winner will receive:
1) A MatadorU course of their choice.
Air transportation to Churchill, Manitoba is only offered from North America. See OFFICIAL 2012 EXPLORE THE CANADIAN ARCTIC COMPETITION RULES for restrictions. Void where prohibited.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED