1. Reindeer don’t sport antlers…
A famous blue bug does.
2. Santa doesn’t ride in a sleigh.
Instead, he ditches it for a fire truck (in Westerly), a dock (in Wickford Village) and a boat (in Newport).
3. We light the water on fire.
Because without snow, watching fire tenders is the next best thing.
4. Ham? Turkey? It’s fish for us.
And if it’s not at a restaurant in Fed Hill, it’s most definitely at Nona’s.
5. We head on over to the gilded mansions of the Astors and the Vanderbilts.
While on most days we wouldn’t be caught dead hanging around the tourists on Bellevue Avenue, we make an exception just this once.
6. For the last 30 years, holiday shopping traffic has been directed by a dancing cop.Until now, that is.
Yes, we’re still bitter about it.
7. The Crazy Christmas House fires up its 100,000-light display.
In Lil’ Rhody our holidays are merry and bright.
8. The Trinity Rep is the only place to catch A Christmas Carol.
It’s a tradition nearly 40 years in the making.
9. There’s probably have a 12-pack of ‘Gansett in the fridge for all those impromptu get-togethers.
10. Or a Del’s Lemonade truck Christmas ornament on your tree.
Because living in the Ocean State, we just can’t let summer go.
11. We travel from one island to another.
And no, neither one is tropical.
12. We might give (or get) a Benny’s gift card for Christmas.
After all, it is your favorite store.