15 ways you know you’ve become culturally Spanish
1. You have dinner at 10pm.
2. You can’t say goodbye without exclaiming “VENGA!”
3. Guapa and cariño are common words you use with strangers.
4. Tortilla de patatas is a perfect meal for any occasion.
5. You know that Sangria and tinto de veranos are the liquid fuel of champions.
6. You’ve mastered the art of minimizing productivity while maximizing your work hours.
7. You hold an opinion on the independence movement of several regions of Spain, especially Catalonia.
8. 99% of the time you say “la leche” you’re not even talking about milk.
9. You don’t own a single pair of sweatpants.
10. You plan to do nothing but be with family on Sundays.
11. If you plan to meet with a friend at half past 4, that’s a general point of reference where punctuality is neither expected or adhered to.
12. There’s no way you can eat any meal without having a café con leche or cortado afterwards.
13. You have no problem bringing your small kids to festivals past midnight.
14. Protests no longer faze you and are to be expected regularly and sporadically.
15. You’ve mastered the art of partying until 8am.