In 2013, Tiia Öhman and Satu Walden of the Fangirl Quest embarked on an ambitious photography project with a single mission: to “visit filming locations of our favourite tv shows and movies and re-frame the scenes at the exact same locations where they were originally filmed.” The process, which they’ve since dubbed “sceneframing,” is a fresh iPad-driven spin on the classic photography practice.
And with the overwhelmingly positive reception the duo has received for their Sceneframing project, they’ve been able to make it an ongoing endeavor. Personally, I’d be a *lot* more jealous if I wasn’t so busy living vicariously through them and their pictures.
1. Game of Thrones (Tollymore Forest Park, Northern Ireland)
2. Doctor Who (Dunraven Bay, Wales)
3. Breaking Bad (To’hajiilee Indian Reservation, New Mexico)
4. The Walking Dead (Atlanta, Georgia)
5. The Avengers (Grand Central Terminal, NYC)
6. Harry Potter (Gloucester Cathedral, UK)
7. Sherlock (St. Barts Hospital, UK)
8. Supernatural (Riverview Hospital, Vancouver, BC)
9. Downton Abbey (Bampton, UK)
10. Stardust (Castle Combe, UK)
11. Star Trek (Vasquez Rocks, California)
12. Torchwood (Cardiff Bay, Wales)