1. They’ll develop a passion for the architecture and want to remodel your house with pointy, tiled roofs, and upturned eves.
2. They might realize people can be happy whatever they do for a living… Including paddling tourists up a river like these boatmen in the Three River Gorges along the Yangtze River.
3. They will never want to swim in a regular pool again after swimming at the mind-boggling Water Cube where Michael Phelps became the most medaled Olympian in history during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
4. They may learn a lot about physics by watching Chinese engineering feats like the Yangtze Three Gorges Dam in action.
5. They may learn the power of sitting still for hours like these guards in Tiananmen Square. And no parents want that from their kids, right?
6. They will never think another slide is fun again after sliding down this one on a go-cart from the top of the Great Wall of China.
7. They’ll learn bad manners from Mongolian Hun warriors.
8. They might get a big head after being asked to pose for their millionth picture with Chinese locals and domestic tourists.
9. They’ll want to move their beds over the dining room table with big screen entertainment right in front of them like on the Chinese trains.
10. They’ll forget you are not supposed to talk to strangers.
11. They may learn that you can carry more than your own weight if leveraged correctly.
12. They’ll appreciate the convenience of modern cooking after trying their hand at grinding grain to make porridge in rural China.
13. They’ll get bored with the electronics on car road trips at home and long for the chaotic, but fun community aboard Chinese trains.
What did you think of this article?