Instagram is a form of curation, helping to keep art and design galleries seen in the digital age. Travel company Exeter International has put together a collection of 54 art and design museums you might want to follow on Instagram.
Here’s our selection of the best.
1. Leopold Museum, Vienna, Austria
The World’s largest Egon Schiele collection and Masterpieces of Jugendstil.
2. The Frick Collection, New York City, United States
NYC mansion housing one of the most important collections of Western fine art in the world- includes the Frick Art Reference Library.
3. Boros Collection, Berlin, Germany
Private Collection of Contemporary Art located at the Bunker Berlin
4. Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, United States
The Asian Art Museum is the largest museum in the western world devoted to Asian art.
5. Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Copenhagen, Denmark
An international museum located outside Copenhagen that strikes the rarest of balances between art, architecture and nature.
6. MoMA, New York, United States
The world’s museum for modern and contemporary art, where you’ll discover artists and ideas that surprise, challenge, and inspire you.
7. Museum of Old and New Art, Hobart, Australia
Ancient, modern & contemporary art. Bars, cafe, restaurant & cemetery on site.
8. Munch Museum in Oslo, Norway
Dedicated to the life and work of Edvard Munch.
9. Tate, England, UK
Tate Britain, Tate Modern, Tate Liverpool & Tate St Ives aims to increase everyone’s enjoyment and understanding of art.
10. Design Exchange, Toronto, Canada
Design Exchange is Canada’s Design Museum in Toronto.
11. Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, United States
Aims to serve the diverse public as a dynamic, innovative, and welcoming center for learning through the visual arts.
12. Centre Pompidou, Paris, France
The museum has an incomparable collection of modern and contemporary art. The Centre Pompidou has guided tours and talks for a journey through the creation of the 20th and 21st centuries.
13. Fashion and Textile Museum, London, England
The Fashion and Textile Museum is the centre for contemporary fashion, textiles and jewellery in London.
14. The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, United States
The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks to inspire curiosity about, and enjoyment and understanding of, the visual arts.
15. House of Illustration, London, England
The UK’s only public gallery dedicated to illustration.
16. Victoria and Albert Museum, London, England
The world’s leading museum of art, design and performance.
17. White Cube, Hong Kong
Contemporary art and design museum with spaces in Hong Kong and London.
18. Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein, Germany
It is dedicated to the research and presentation of design.
19. National Portrait Gallery, London, England
The National Portrait Gallery, London, houses the world’s largest collection of personalities and faces.
20. The Dali Museum, Figueres, Spain
The collection of works by renowned artist Salvador Dali.