For its “Sizzling Summer Sale,” Amtrak is now offering train tickets for as low as $23. With this latest promotion, train travelers can now save up to 35 percent on Coach and Acela business-class tickets on most trains around the country.
While the sale is enticing, you don’t have much time left to get your cheap train ticket. The sale started on June 22 and ends on June 24 for travel between July 6 and Sept 30, 2021.
“The Sizzling Summer Sale allows our customers to travel across the country and experience the summer in a variety of ways, all while spending less on train tickets,” said Roger Harris, Amtrak’s executive vice president and chief marketing and revenue officer. “Whether it’s to see friends and family, experience a summer musical festival or baseball game, explore a new city or old favorite, have an outdoor biking or hiking adventure or relax at a beach, Amtrak can help our customers with a safe and relaxing way to travel.”
Here’s the complete list of routes included in the Sizzling Summer Sale:
- New York, NY — Washington, DC: Coach $45/Acela $90
- New York, NY — Boston, MA: Coach $45/Acela $72
- Washington, DC — Philadelphia, PA: Coach $24 /Acela $64
- New York, NY — Philadelphia, PA: Coach: $24 /Acela $57
- New York, NY — Miami, FL: Coach $105
- Los Angeles, CA — Seattle, WA: Coach $82
- Chicago, IL — Denver, CO: Coach $81
- Lorton, VA — Sanford, FL : Coach $75
- Washington, DC — Chicago, IL: Coach $68
- Seattle, WA — Portland, OR: Coach $23
When traveling with Amtrak, guests must adhere to Amtrak’s safety protocols by wearing face coverings on board at all times. Amtrak is no longer limiting capacity, but the capacity percentage will be displayed during the booking process. Amtrak is also waiving all change fees for reservations made by Sept. 6, 2021.