Summer in Salt Lake City Is Beyond Awesome
in paid partnership with Utah Office of Tourism
With ridiculously easy access to both the mountains and the water, not to mention all the cultural and culinary stuff going on in the Salt Lake Valley and beyond, the Greater Salt Lake City area is an incredibly awesome place to be in the summer. Matador filmmaker and director of productions Scott Sporleder shot the video above to drive this point home.
Keep your eyes peeled for the following:
- 0:01 – Hiking the Alexander Basin Trail in the Wasatch Mountains, just east of the city
- 0:19 – Mountain biking the trails at Snowbird
- 0:38 – Water skiing at Deer Creek Reservoir, a short drive northeast of Orem
- 0:43 – Paddleboarding on the Jordanelle Reservoir, just east of Park City
- 0:57 – Tubing the Provo River
- 1:18 – Night falling on Salt Lake City
- 1:24 – The adventures of an evening out in downtown SLC, complete with beer bikes, pedicabs, and fine dining
What did you think of this story?