Technology Bytes: 120 Years of National Geographic in Your Backpack
Every page of National Geographic from 1888 to 2008, including all articles and photographs, is now available for purchase on one light-weight hard drive.
While having the entire magazine collection would fill your shelves with that cheery yellow color, this is probably a better option for travelers. National Geographic has collected all of their writing, photos, maps, even the accompanying advertisements, digitally reproduced in high resolution on a 3″ x 5″ hard drive.
A few features include:
- Use Geobrowse—a visual geographic search tool—to find articles, photographs, and maps about the location you choose
- Browse special “read lists” from National Geographic or personalize your archive by creating and saving your own lists of favorite articles
- Test your knowledge of subjects including exploration, the environment, geography, history, cultures, and more with a trivia game that links to related articles
- Includes a bonus DVD with tips on how to take better photographs, an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how National Geographic Magazine is put together, and interviews with NGM photographers revealing the backstory behind their famous photographs
- USB cable included
- Partitioned hard drive includes separate space for 100GB of your personal files
This collection can only be shipped in the U.S. or Canada.
What did you think of this story?