Technology Bytes: Joby’s Gorillacam IPhone App Now Available
Joby’s new app adds more useful features to the iPhone camera.
The company that brought us the very cool, highly useful Gorillapods has just released their first iPhone app: the Gorillacam.
While the iPhone camera might never be of use to a serious photographer, Joby has definitely kicked it up a notch with this app. Combined with their Gorillamobile tripod for iPhones, taking decent shots with your phone just got a lot easier.
Gorillacam app features include:
- Self-timer takes timed photos. Perfect for group shots and self-portraits. Works best with the help of the Gorillamobile for 3G/3GS.
- Time-lapse takes multiple photos spaced at an interval. Take photos as fast as 1 second apart, or up to 2 minutes apart.
- Unlimited rapid-fire takes up to 1.6 photos per second. Just press and hold the shutter to take as many photos as you want at super high speed.
- Auto-save lets you keep shooting while your photos save in the background. No more waiting between shots. Snap away, uninterrupted.
- 3-Shot burst takes three quick photographs with one tap. Never miss a second of the action. Plus, no more photos ruined when someone blinks!
- Press anywhere turns the whole screen into the shutter button. Photograph yourself with ease!
- Grid overlay takes your photography to the next level. Create more interesting photographs using the rule of thirds in your composition. Also great for lining up horizons or buildings.
- Bubble level takes steady, level shots every time. Works both vertically and horizontally. Great for shots of horizons, landscapes and more.
- Share photos without ever leaving the app.
Combine all that with the price, and we might be looking at the best camera app in the appstore.
What did you think of this story?