1. Learn to surf at Tiree.
2. See a band at the Barrowlands.
#barrowlands A photo posted by @keirahbills on
3. Bike the Outer Hebrides.
4. Visit the Scottish Parliament and debate the architecture.
5. Climb at least one of the Munros.
Unbelievable day. @magnusw91 , Ginny and I ended up doing 4 munros, hardest of which being Ben Macdui, and just under 40km walking. 10 hours on the hills, all kinds of weather, 6am leave this morning and not long home! Safe to say I am absolutely shattered! (Not as much as the dog is😝!!) #Cairngorms #BenMacdui #Munros
6. Take afternoon tea at the Willow Tea Rooms and visit Glasgow School of Art, both designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
7. Summit Ben Nevis.
8. Spit on the Heart of Midlothian.
spitting on the #heartofmidlothian. spitting on the heart of midlothian is said to be #goodluck. this is because A #tolbooth (prison) stood on the site, where executions used to take place. the heart marks its doorway: the point of public execution. although it now said to be done for good luck, it was originally done as a sign of disdain for the former prison. the spot lay directly outside the prison entrance, so the custom may have been begun by debtors on their release. #edinburgh A photo posted by nathan marshall (@nmarshall1370) on
9. Watch a shinty match.
10. Explore the coastline or sail the Mull of Kintyre.
Walks along the beach ❤️#beach #Campbeltown #summerwalks #scotland #mullofkintyre A photo posted by Annabel Barr (@annabelbarr215) on
11. Learn (at least) the first verse of Tam o Shanter and recite it at a Burns night feast.
12. Sing Flower of Scotland as loud as you can at Murrayfield.
#frontrow #backingblue #murrayfield #loveaselfie A photo posted by Susan Cooper (@suziecoop01) on
13. Go to the Highland Games.
14. Play a round on the world’s oldest golf course at St Andrews.
The #Eden and #Strathtyrum Tournaments semi finals concluded this morning with the finals currently underway. #writeyourownhistory A photo posted by St Andrews Links (@thehomeofgolf) on
15. Go on an underground ghost tour in Edinburgh.
16. Trek the West Highland Way.
#Wildscotland #WestHighlands 🌾 A photo posted by @dedoudoudou on
17. Go skiing at Glencoe, Glenshee, Aviemore or the Cairngorms.
18. Watch the burning of a Viking longboat at Up Helly Aa fire festival in Shetland.
Burning Galley. A photo posted by Up Helly Aa (@uphellyaa) on
19. Eat Oysters at Loch Fyne Oyster bar.
20. Climb Scott’s Monument in Edinburgh.
So happy to be back in this beautiful city 💚 A photo posted by Katherine Elisabeth (@peonies_in_paris) on
21. Kayak with the Loch Ness monster.
22. Go to a Common Riding in the Scottish Borders.
#Flodden #Coldstream #civicweek #scotland #scottishborders #cheviots #commonriding #home #historic #heritage #keepitreal #betterfeltthantelt A photo posted by Louise Nicolson (@nicolsonlouise) on