1. Learn to surf at Tiree.
A photo posted by Surf Tiree (@surftiree) on
2. See a band at the Barrowlands.
#barrowlands A photo posted by @keirahbills on
3. Bike the Outer Hebrides.
A photo posted by The Outer Hebrides (@theouterhebrides) on
4. Visit the Scottish Parliament and debate the architecture.
5. Climb at least one of the Munros.
Unbelievable day. @magnusw91 , Ginny and I ended up doing 4 munros, hardest of which being Ben Macdui, and just under 40km walking. 10 hours on the hills, all kinds of weather, 6am leave this morning and not long home! Safe to say I am absolutely shattered! (Not as much as the dog is😝!!) #Cairngorms #BenMacdui #Munros
A photo posted by alexlihou (@alexlihou) on
6. Take afternoon tea at the Willow Tea Rooms and visit Glasgow School of Art, both designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
First time high ☕️ #wheninuk #hightea #excitement #caketiers #scones #fingersandwiches #ownteapot #vanillafruittea #honeyalmondtea #cakes #meringue #brownie #foodspam #thosehighteachairs #scotland #Glasgow #willowtearooms #obligatoryfoodselfie A photo posted by @sheenadanhong on
7. Summit Ben Nevis.
8. Spit on the Heart of Midlothian.
spitting on the #heartofmidlothian. spitting on the heart of midlothian is said to be #goodluck. this is because A #tolbooth (prison) stood on the site, where executions used to take place. the heart marks its doorway: the point of public execution. although it now said to be done for good luck, it was originally done as a sign of disdain for the former prison. the spot lay directly outside the prison entrance, so the custom may have been begun by debtors on their release. #edinburgh A photo posted by nathan marshall (@nmarshall1370) on
9. Watch a shinty match.
A photo posted by Padraig McNeil (@pmcneil7) on
10. Explore the coastline or sail the Mull of Kintyre.
Walks along the beach ❤️#beach #Campbeltown #summerwalks #scotland #mullofkintyre A photo posted by Annabel Barr (@annabelbarr215) on
11. Learn (at least) the first verse of Tam o Shanter and recite it at a Burns night feast.
A photo posted by Lorna Webster (@cupcake__kitty) on
12. Sing Flower of Scotland as loud as you can at Murrayfield.
#frontrow #backingblue #murrayfield #loveaselfie A photo posted by Susan Cooper (@suziecoop01) on
13. Go to the Highland Games.
A photo posted by Felicia Nicole🍑 (@feliciadzibeezy) on
14. Play a round on the world’s oldest golf course at St Andrews.
The #Eden and #Strathtyrum Tournaments semi finals concluded this morning with the finals currently underway. #writeyourownhistory A photo posted by St Andrews Links (@thehomeofgolf) on
15. Go on an underground ghost tour in Edinburgh.
A photo posted by Lamanova Victoriia (@victoriia__l) on
16. Trek the West Highland Way.
#Wildscotland #WestHighlands 🌾 A photo posted by @dedoudoudou on
17. Go skiing at Glencoe, Glenshee, Aviemore or the Cairngorms.
A photo posted by Scott Grieve (@scottgrieve) on
18. Watch the burning of a Viking longboat at Up Helly Aa fire festival in Shetland.
Burning Galley. A photo posted by Up Helly Aa (@uphellyaa) on
19. Eat Oysters at Loch Fyne Oyster bar.
A photo posted by Vik Kastenbauer Stronge (@vakstronge) on
20. Climb Scott’s Monument in Edinburgh.
So happy to be back in this beautiful city 💚 A photo posted by Katherine Elisabeth (@peonies_in_paris) on
21. Kayak with the Loch Ness monster.
Kicking off the school term by canoeing 100km across Scotland. From Fort William on the east coast to Inverness on the west coast 3 days later, solid effort! 🚣🏼💪🏼⛺️ #greatglen #lochlochy #lochness #scotland #golddukeofedinburgh #nevercanoeingagain
A photo posted by Sian Horn ➰ (@sianahorn) on
22. Go to a Common Riding in the Scottish Borders.
#Flodden #Coldstream #civicweek #scotland #scottishborders #cheviots #commonriding #home #historic #heritage #keepitreal #betterfeltthantelt A photo posted by Louise Nicolson (@nicolsonlouise) on
23. Visit Stonehaven for Hogmanay and swing a fireball.
Swinging my fireball to ring in the new year #stonehavenfireballs #stonehaven
A photo posted by Rhona Redwinerunner (@rhinomittens) on