Vagabondingauthor Rolf Potts has a new book out – Marco Polo Didn’t Go There: Stories and Revelations from One Decade as a Postmodern Travel Writer– and to celebrate the occasion, he’s headed out on a North American tour.
Dates are still tentative, and more locations (possibly including Montreal, San Diego, Baltimore and DC) could also still be added. Here’s the schedule thus far:
* Thursday, September 18th, Salina, 7:00pm, Salina Public Library
* Friday, September 19th, Wichita, 7:00pm, Watermark Books
* Saturday, September 20th, Salina, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, Waldenbooks
* Monday, September 22nd, Manhattan, 1:20pm – 2:30pm, Kansas State University
* Tuesday, September 23rd, Topeka, 7:00pm, Washburn University
* Wednesday, September 24th, Kansas City, Noon – 1:00pm, Johnson County CC
* Saturday, September 27th, Lawrence, 2:00pm – 3:00pm, River City Reading Festival
* Wednesday, October 1st, Chicago, 7:30pm, Bookslut reading series
* Thursday, October 2nd, Chicago, 7:00pm, Book Cellar
* Tuesday, October 7th, New Orleans, 5:00pm, Garden District Book Shop
* Wednesday, October 8th, New Orleans, 7:30pm, Loyola University
* Saturday, October 11th, Minneapolis, 10:00am -5:00pm, Twin Cities Book Festival
* Monday, October 13th, St. Paul, 7:30pm, Common Good Books
NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY
* Monday, October 20th, Manhattan, 7:00pm, The Half King
* Tuesday, October 21st, Manhattan, 7:00pm, Book Culture
* Wednesday, October 22nd, Camden, NJ (near Philadelphia, PA), 7:00pm, Rutgers-Camden
* Thursday, October 23rd, Manhattan, 7:00pm, Book Culture
* Saturday, November 8th, Portland, time TBA, Wordstock Festival of the Book
* Tuesday, November 11th, Portland, time TBA, Powell’s Books
* Friday, November 14th, Bellingham, 7:00pm, Village Books
* Saturday, November 15th, Seattle, 4:30pm, Elliott Bay Book Company
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
* Sunday, November 16th, Corte Madera, time TBA, Book Passage
* Tuesday, November 18th, San Francisco, 7:00pm, Books, Inc
LOS ANGELES AREA
* Thursday, November 20th, Redlands, time TBA, University of Redlands
* Monday, November 24th, Pasadena, time TBA, Distant Lands
If you’re in any of these areas and can make it to a reading, I highly recommend it. Rolf is not only a great writer, he’s also a really entertaining speaker and an all-around nice guy.
You can find more detail (including venue addresses and contact information) here.
Stay tuned to Pulse for tour updates and more essential Rolf Potts info!