2. Because the last time you took your daughter to a world-class science museum as engaging as OMSI, she wouldn’t stop complaining about how she couldn’t wait ten more years to start working on her degree in astrophysics.
5. Because your family are gluttons for blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and every other berry under the sun, and there’s no rule about how many pounds of fruity goodness you can walk away with from the many u-pick farms on Sauvie Island. Expect bellyaches!
10. Because, seriously, Portland just wants your kids to have too much fun while learning. Case in point: the Portland Children’s Museum Water Works exhibit, which teaches younger kids about everything from the tides, to hydraulics with a massive system of interactive fountains.
11. Because after visiting the Portland Saturday Market, the largest arts-and-crafts fair in the country, your kids might spend the next three months weaving baskets and carving wooden toys to sell to their friends at school.
12. Because the screams of joy when you take your family floating down the Sandy River at Glenn Otto Community Park might cost you your hearing at an early age. But heck, you know all of this is still worth it.