If you thought your NYC MetroCard was useless for anything besides a trip on a cramped subway, think again. The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) is giving away a trip to Hawaii, and your MetroCard is your ticket to win.
From Tuesday, April 23, to Tuesday, April 30, participating MTA subway MetroCard Vending Machines will be filled with 250,000 Hawaii-themed MetroCards. After purchasing one of these special cards, visit www.hawaii.nyc, enter the code on the back of the card and be entered into the giveaway. The winner (who can bring a plus one) will be chosen on May 8.
The vacation includes round-trip airfare to either Kauai, Lanai, Molokai, Oahu, Maui, or the island of Hawaii; seven days and six nights at a hotel; a rental car; and a $1,500 gift card to be used as pocket money.
Eight MTA stations are participating in the promotion, including:
- 72nd and Amsterdam — (1, 2, 3)
- 86th and Lexington — (4, 5, 6)
- 59th and Columbus — (A, B, C, D)
- 23rd and 8th — (C, E)
- 14th and Union Square — (L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5, 6)
- Broadway & Lafayette at Houston — (B, D, F, M)
- Fulton Street — (A, C, J, Z, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr — (B, Q, 2, 3, 4, 5)
H/T: Travel & Leisure
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points