Instead of a road-trip to visit all the US national parks, or one that will take you to the best leaf-peeping spots in the country, why not get in the car to try and see some of the US’s coolest roadside attractions?
There are so many fun and quirky roadside attractions in the US — like Seven Magic Mountains in Nevada, or Carhenge in Nebraska — that building an entire road trip around them is a breeze.
But to save you the planning of such a road trip, credit broker money.co.uk used data from TripAdvisor and Instagram to select the top 25 roadside attractions in the US and mapped out an efficient itinerary to see them all in one go.
The ultimate roadside attraction road trip is a 9,918-mile loop and will take roughly 14 days to complete, with a total of 154 hours spent on the road.
Here are the top 25 roadside attractions in the US (in order of the popularity):
- Salvation Mountain, California
- Seven Magic Mountains, Nevada
- Devils Tower, Wyoming
- The Fremont Troll, Washington
- Worlds Largest Beagle, Idaho
- Jolly Green Giant, Minnesota
- Lucy the Elephant, New Jersey
- Parthenon, Tennessee
- Lizzie Borden Murderabilia, Massachusetts
- SPAM Museum, Minnesota
- Grotto of the Redemption, Iowa
- Historic Nucelur B Reactor, Washington
- Beasts of Borrego Springs, California
- Showman’s Rest, Oklahoma
- Snake Alley, Iowa
- Enchanted Highway, North Dakota
- Tombstone, Arizona
- The Windsor Ruins, Mississippi
- Exhibition Coal Mine, West Virginia
- Devils Rope Museum, Texas
- Granite Sculptures of Hope Cemetery, Vermont
- USS Albacore, New Hampshire
- Prada Marfa, Texas
- Carhenge, Nebraska
- Museum of American Glass, New Jersey
To find out more about this roadside attractions road trip itinerary, visit money.co.uk.