The 25 Best Hotels in the World, According To Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
There are plenty of reasons to get excited about an upcoming vacation. It might be the picturesque views that get you excited, the cuisine you’ll get to try, or the excursions you’ll get to do. But some people get just as excited about the hotel as they do about the destination. And that’s especially the case when the hotel is a destination in and of itself. Tripadvisor released its 2022 Best of the Best Traveler’s Choice Awards for the top 25 hotels in the world. And not a single one is in the United States.
The third best hotel in the world is Ikos Aria in Kefalos, Greece. With 1,356 reviews averaging five stars across the board, this five-star, all-inclusive resort has restaurants with menus designed by chefs who’ve run Michelin star restaurants, spa access, and plenty of entertainment options.
The second best hotel is the Hotel Colline de France in Gramado, Brazil. If you’re looking to head to South America, this hotel averages a five-star rating across 2,397 reviews. The hotel has 34 suites on the property, and prides itself on its luxurious interior and exterior with an impeccable staff.
The number one hotel on Tripadvisor is the Tulemar Bungalows & Villas in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. Averaging five stars over 4,728 reviews, this Central American hotel is on a 33 acre piece of jungle with amazing views of the Pacific and a path that leads all the way down to a private beach. With several different types of bungalows and villas, including some exclusively for couples, this resort offers the best of the best.
We hope you love the stays we recommend! Just so you know, Matador may collect a small commission from the links on this page if you decide to book a stay.
TripAdvisor’s 25 best hotels in the world
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
- Hotel Colline de France in Gramado, Brazil
- Ikos Aria in Kefalos, Greece
- Romance Istanbul Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey
- THE OMNIA in Zermatt, Switzerland
- Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia in Urgup, Turkey
- Six Senses Laamu on Olhuveli Island, Maldives
- Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort in Hopkins, Belize
- Padma Resort Ubud in Payangan, Indonesia
- BLESS Hotel Madrid in Madrid, Spain
- Ikos Dassia in Dassia, Greece
- Pimalai Resort and Spa in Ko Lanta, Krabi Province
- Lotte Hotel Hanoi in Hanoi, Vietnam
- COMO Cocoa Island in Cocoa Island, Maldives
- La Maison Favart in Paris, France
- Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok – Marriott Executive Apartments in Bangkok, Thailand
- Quinta Jardins do Lago in Funchal, Portugal
- La Maison Arabe in Marrakech, Morocco
- The Royal Purnama in Sukawati, Indonesia
- Jaya House River Park in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- The Hazelton Hotel in Toronto, Ontario
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas in Hopewell, Jamaica
- Saraye Ameriha Boutique Hotel in Kashan, Iran
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba in Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
- The Oberoi Beach Resort Sahl Hasheesh in Hurghada, Egypt
Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best is the site’s highest honor. To find the best of the best, Tripadvisor takes into account the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings to find the top 1 percent of listings on Tripadvisor. Travelers’ Choice winners use reviews and ratings posted on Tripadvisor over 12 months, as well as an additional editorial process. To be eligible, the hotel must have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months, must receive a threshold number of reviews within those 12 months, and must maintain or exceed a minimum bubble rating on Tripadvisor.
You might have to put down a pretty penny for this type of luxury, but if the reviews are anything to go by, it’s definitely worth it.