THE FAIRY POOLS are two swimming holes created naturally by volcanic rock, right next to the ocean. They are located in Noosa National Park, Queensland. What makes them so special is the crystal clear waters and coral reef garden growing on the rocks within the pools.
How to get there
Noosa National Park is about a 2-hour drive north of Brisbane, along the Sunshine Coast. If you are visiting from afar, it would be best to fly into Brisbane and rent a car. Once in the National Park, the fairy pools are about a 30-minute walk from the Little Cove parking lot.
What to consider
- Visit during low tide, as one of the pools opens into the ocean during high tide. The water is also much calmer and relaxing during low tide.
- Bring a snorkel as there is coral and tropical fish in the pools.
- Bring comfortable footwear; there are a few rocks that you will have to climb over near the end of the trail, to get to the pools.
- Plan to spend a day exploring the rest of the national park. There is much more to be seen, including beaches, trails, lookout points, and wildlife! There is also camping available if you feel like spending a bit longer.
- Entrance to the park is free.
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points