1. Go to a punk show.
Berlin is the birthplace for techno but the punk rock side it is just too awesome to miss it. SO36, Ramones Museum, Køpi 137, Cassiopeia, Core Tex are some of the places you can find some punk rock.
2. End your night at Trinkteufel.
This place is open, always. Like literally always.
3. Visit all the Christmas markets you can during November and December.
4. Smoke grass at Görlitzer Park.
The NameMatch Find your #NameMate and write your Name with your Fingers. All together! #Berlin #Berliner #goerlitzerpark @johnblochel #socialgame #friendship #communication #meetfriends #findfriends #fucktheuniverse #pardy #kreuzberg #xberg #fridaynight #fridayeve #tikiheart #kotti #johnjohnjohn #johnjohn #multicultural #culturaldevelopment #gojohnorgohome
5. Go to the beach that is not a beach…
Berlin is filled with beautiful lakes and some of them have sand.
6. Then move to the nudist part of the beach and free yourself from unrealistic beauty standards.
When you realise that nobody looks like they do on the front cover of magazines, you learn to relax and accept yourself.
7. Take your bike out to the forests around Müggelsee.
8. Take a ferry in Berlin with your subway ticket.
The BVG ticket gives you access to ferries!
9. Explore outside The Ringbahn.
This is Gärten der Welt, a park in Marzahn. The park homes many beautiful location themed gardens. You can work through landscaping from Japan to Morocco, Korea to China.
10. Visit the not-so-famous Soviet memorials.
11. Spend a day visiting the museum island.
12. Spend at least three weekends visiting art galleries.
13. Spend the others trying to find the best street art from famous artists around the city.
Banksy, Os Gemeos, Obey, Blu are some of the names you can find around here.
14. Get to know David Bowie’s favourite and famous spots.
His Berlin apartment is on Haupstrasse 155 in Schöneberg, the studio where Heroes was recorded is on Potsdamer Platz and so on.
15. Visit some of the 250 parks that Berlin homes.
My recommendations are: Hasenheide, Volkspark Friedrichshain, Volkspark am Weinberg, Körnerpark and Viktoriapark.
16. Spend a whole summer day inside the world’s biggest open-air monument, Tempelhof Freiheit.
Tempelhof used to be one of the biggest airports in Europe and how it is open to the public for bbq, sports, events and gardening.
17. Explore some of the cities abandoned sites.
War, division, oppression, and reunification has made Berlin a special place for urban explorers.
18. Have fun choosing a beer at the local spätie.
19. Try a Mexikaner.
Mexikaner causes pain, agony, and a lot of fun in a hot-sauce-based shot of schnapps.
20. Experience May Fest like a local at a street festival.
One of the biggest street festivals in Berlin is the May Fest. The best spot for seeing bands, eating food and participating Berlins cultural celebrations is Oranienstrasse and around in Kreuzberg.
21. See the giant penis on the side of Taz building.
This is how the leftist party makes fun of the Axel Springer corporate media company across the street.
22. Cure your hangover with the best Turkish food available.
Did you know the Döner Kebab was invented in Berlin? Couple it with a glass of Ayran.