1. Rent a bike at Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals and take a round trip on the beach from Santa Monica to Venice — and beyond, if you can hack it.
2. End your night at The Overpass.
3. Eat Korean BBQ at Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong.
4. Then go next door and rent out a private karaoke room at Gaam or Soop Sok Karaoke.
5. Go to an exhibit at the Annenberg Space for Photography.
6. Do an East LA taco crawl and try to find the best taco in the city — no easy feat with places like Ricky’s Fish Tacos, Flor del Rio, and Guisados in competition.
7. But definitely get a taco at the Mariscos Jalisco food truck.
8. Explore the La Brea Tar Pits.
9. Dress up and go to the West Hollywood Halloween Parade (officially the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval).
10. Hit up In-N-Out for a late-night burger.
11. Get a caramel-filled churro from Mr. Churro on Olvera Street.
12. Eat at the revamped Clifton’s Cafeteria downtown.
13. Take a surf lesson from Aqua Surf School and hit the waves.
14. See a summer concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
15. Spread out a blanket in the summer and watch a movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
16. Sift through the racks at Amoeba Records.
17. Register with Central Casting and become a movie extra for a day to earn some cash.
18. Go down to Disneyland. Have an amazing time. Never do it again as long as you live there.
19. Get a pastrami sandwich at Canter’s Deli.
20. Bar hop down the Sunset Strip between San Vicente and Crescent Heights.
21. Drive through Mulholland Drive from the 405 to the 101.
22. Hike up Runyon Canyon.
23. Find your favorite non-Runyon hike once you discover the city a bit better — Temescal Canyon, anyone?
24. Snowboard in the morning at Big Bear, surf in the afternoon at Venice Breakwater.
25. Rent a pedal boat from Echo Park Pedal Boats and make your way across Echo Park Lake.
26. Go to an LA Lakers game at the Staples Center.
27. Spend a day at Universal Studios.
28. Visit the Getty Villa on a sunny day.
29. Stroll through the Huntington Botanical Gardens and Library.
30. Take a picture in the lights outside LACMA — and in the morning, actually explore the exhibits inside.
31. Visit the modern art-filled Broad Museum.
32. Have drinks on a downtown rooftop at Standard Rooftop Bar or Perch.
33. Taste your way through Grand Central Market — especially Eggslut.
34. Steady your stomach and risk a hot dog from a street vendor on Hollywood Boulevard after 2am.
35. Find the Kogi BBQ Taco Truck.
36. Plan at least one epic road trip with friends to Las Vegas, Yosemite, or beyond.
37. Take a day trip to Joshua Tree and end the day at Pappy & Harriet’s.
38. Watch the stars through the telescope at Griffith Observatory.
39. Settle in for a night of dinner and magic at Magic Castle.
40. Take a studio tour of Warner Brothers.
41. Check out the Endeavor at the California Science Center.
42. Marvel at the architecture inside the Bradbury Building.
43. Walk along the Santa Monica Pier at sunset.
44. Work out at Muscle Beach — or just sit back and observe the more active people.
45. Stroll through The Grove, but get the best food next door at the adjacent Farmer’s Market.
46. Step back in time and watch a silent movie at Cinefamily Silent Movie Theatre.
47. Get an Old Fashioned at The Varnish.
48. Watch headliners at the Comedy Store and Laugh Factory.
49. See improv done right at the UCB Theatre.
50. Go to the Rose Parade and watch the Rose Bowl right after.
51. Pack some baby wipes, hippie outfits, and plenty of water, and head to Coachella.
52. Get a hot dog at Wurstkuche in the Arts District.
53. Spend a Saturday night at the Abbey.
54. Relax with a day trip to Catalina Island.
55. Save up, reserve in advance and eat at Maude — get a photo with the amazing chef Curtis Stone too!
56. Get an ENORMOUS brunch at the Griddle Café.
57. Grab Thai food at Night + Market.
58. Taste some sushi at Sugarfish.
59. Eat lunch and do some celebrity spotting at the infamous Chateau Marmont.
60. Pass through all 87 LA neighborhoods — or at least hit the highlights.
What did you think of this article?