- All footage shot with a GoPro HD Hero 2.
- Audio recorded with a Zoom H2.
- Music performed by the Karawari Bamboo Band, May 10, 2012, at Karawari Lodge.
- I was hosted on this trip by the Papua New Guinea Tourism Promotion Authority. Many thanks.
- 0:07 – Sunset view over the jungle from the deck at Karawari Lodge
- 0:38 – Walking out to the beach at Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort
- 1:00 – Approaching the summit and crater of the volcano Tavurvur, in Rabaul
- 1:20 – Setting up for some snorkeling at Little Pigeon Island, off the coast of Kokopo
- 1:39 – The Honeycombs — rock formations in Simpson Harbour, Rabaul — at sunset
- 1:50 – Fire dance performed by the Baining tribe in the village of Kainagunan, an hour inland from Kokopo
- 2:15 – Paddling up the Dawadawa River (which feeds into Milne Bay) with my local guide, Salina
- 2:43 – A coconut-opening demonstration by Gilbert, our hiking guide at Tawali Resort
- 3:05 – Kids whose game of marbles we interrupted in one of the Hihiyaola villages just upshore from Tawali
- 3:21 – SCUBA / snorkel session over the house reef at Tawali
- 3:51 – Checking out the waterfall swimming hole near a skull cave in the Hihiyaola area
- 4:09 – Boat transport from Alotau across Milne Bay to the village of Wagawaga and Ulumani Treetops Rainforest Resort
- 4:23 – Evening beers on the deck at Tawali Resort, lightning in the distance
- 4:35 – Wrapping up a sweet track from the Karawari Bamboo Band
[For more content from this trip, check out 15 travel realities in Papua New Guinea.]