SURE, YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT the Las Vegas Strip, but lately you’ve been wondering if there’s more to Nevada. Maybe you’ve heard the rumors that the state has a side that’ll surprise you (without the use of Elvis-impersonating street magicians) and you’re thinking of heading out for a visit.
Before you go, be forewarned: Don’t ignore these 18 reasons why you should NEVER go to
1. Honestly, no one has that much time to spend on the wide open road.
Even when it looks like this. Nevada might be
2. You’ll never be able to pedal all of Nevada’s bike trails.
Even if you took your bike out every day through all four seasons, you wouldn’t come close to
3. It’s dark.
…Maybe a little too dark. Nevada’s one of the only places left in the nation where you can stand under true dark skies. Drive out to the star trails of
4. You’ll get too mellowed out.
There are more than
5. There’s no room in the pants budget.
These days, Las Vegas casinos are out-buffeting each other with increasingly higher quality food.
6. The gluttony doesn’t end in Vegas.
The Biggest Little City’s gone on a foodie streak as well. Cruise through Midtown and just try to avoid the plentiful local businesses wanting to serve you plates topped with locally grown, seasonal ingredients – there’s no escape. And when the
7. And it isn’t just restricted to food.
8. Wait…no one said anything about snow-covered mountains.
Sure, you can ski across state lines at
9. Change can be scary.
Come spring, the landscape just up and explodes into color. It’s got a mind of its own and you’ve never been a big fan of change. Or possibly-sentient flora.
10. The state is covered in graffiti.
You might see 10,000- to 15,000-year-old petroglyphs and pictographs on the same paths you’re walking today. Psh, you prefer people marking up your Facebook wall.
11. It’s where neon comes to die.
Old iconic neon signs are living a comfortable retirement at the
12. There’s nothing going on in this desert.
13. No wait, I meant there’s too much going on in this desert.
You are impossible to please.
14. You’d prefer not to have an alien encounter.
Even if it’s just with an alien bobblehead doll at the
15. The towns here are full of ghosts.
There are more
16. All this varied terrain might confuse you. On the one hand, it looks like this:
17. But then it also looks like this:
Is this even all in the same state?
18. You’ll probably never leave.
Welcome to your new, income-tax-free life.