These Images Show the Naturalness of Breastfeeding All Over the World. So Why Is It Still Stigmatized? Let’s #CelebrateBreastfeeding.
ANYWHERE, ANYTIME — this is the “right” time for a woman to breastfeed her child or children. Many societies and cultures these days have taken offense to displays of breastfeeding, as something that is unnecessary to do in public. Meanwhile, breastfeeding remains an ancient, beautiful, natural, and yes, necessary and life-giving act for humankind, and it takes place every minute of every day all around the world. It is universal. It should be celebrated, and not shamed. I hope this photo essay does just that.
1. In a field, in Arizona, USA
2. In bed, in Ukraine
3. Inside a hut, Tibet
4. In the maternity ward, in Manila, Philippines
5. On the bed, in Sao Paolo, Brazil
More like this
6. Underwater, in Germany
7. On a farm, in Russia
8. Two at a time, Chicago, USA
9. In a living room, after surviving breast cancer, Tel Aviv, Israel
10. In the street, Athens, Greece
What did you think of this story?