ANYWHERE, ANYTIME — this is the “right” time for a woman to breastfeed her child or children. Many societies and cultures these days have taken offense to displays of breastfeeding, as something that is unnecessary to do in public. Meanwhile, breastfeeding remains an ancient, beautiful, natural, and yes, necessary and life-giving act for humankind, and it takes place every minute of every day all around the world. It is universal. It should be celebrated, and not shamed. I hope this photo essay does just that.
1. In a field, in Arizona, USA
2. In bed, in Ukraine
3. Inside a hut, Tibet
4. In the maternity ward, in Manila, Philippines
5. On the bed, in Sao Paolo, Brazil
6. Underwater, in Germany
7. On a farm, in Russia
8. Two at a time, Chicago, USA
9. In a living room, after surviving breast cancer, Tel Aviv, Israel
10. In the street, Athens, Greece
You've been signed up!
Follow us on social media.
Top Airbnb picks