Whether you’re planning a trip to Disney, next year’s spring break, or just a lovely vacation in tropical Florida, think about leaving the car at home to try out Brightline, Florida’s high-speed train service. Launched in 2018, this rail service that’s easily recognizable thanks to its bright yellow trains (hence the name), takes you from Miami to Orlando via the west coast of Florida in style, comfort, and record time.
- Where does the Brightline train go?
- What’s the Brightline train schedule?
- What are the prices of the Brightline train?
- What’s special about the Brightline train stations?
- How fast does the Brightline train go?
- Does Brightline go from Miami to Orlando?
- How long is the Brightline train from Miami to Orlando?
- How much will Brightline cost from Miami to Orlando?
- How much is Brightline from West Palm Beach to Miami?
- Hotels near the Brightline train station in Miami
- Hotels and Airbnbs in Orlando
Where does the Brightline train go?
Currently, Brightline operates in South Florida, from Miami to West Palm Beach. Starting September 1, 2023, the service will extend to Orlando (tickets are now available for purchase). Brightline is also working to expand its service to Tampa in the near future.
While Brightline Florida is the operator’s rail system in the Sunshine State, Brightline is developing its second system that will run between Las Vegas and Southern California: Brightline West.
What’s the Brightline train schedule?
From Miami, Brightline trains run every hour (sometimes even twice within the hour), with the first train leaving just after 7 AM and the last train leaving just before 12 midnight. On Saturday, a Midnight Train that leaves after 12 midnight is available.
From West Palm Beach, Brightline trains run every hour (sometimes even twice within the hour), with the first train leaving around 5:30 AM and the last train leaving just around 9:30 PM. On Saturday, there is one later train that leaves West Palm Beach around 10:30 PM.
What are the prices of the Brightline train?
The price of riding the Brightline train between Miami and West palm Beach starts at $10, but it varies according to the demand on your dates of travel and the class of service you opt for.
There are two classes of service on Brightline trains:
- Smart: leather seats, complimentary WiFi, outlet for each seat, food and drinks available for purchase on board.
- Premium: seat with extra space, complimentary WiFi, outlet for each seat, free snacks and beverages, priority boarding, access to the station lounge, complimentary ride to and from the train station within a five-mile radius.
To purchase your ticket, visit Brightline’s booking system.
What’s special about the Brightline train stations?
The Brightline train stations are as follows:
- Miami Station at Miami Central
- Aventura Station
- Fort Lauderdale Station
- Boca Raton Station
- West Palm Beach Station
- Orlando Station (located in Orlando International Airport)
The stations have complimentary WiFi, a parking garage, ticket machines, a lounge for Premium ticket holders, a grab-and-go snack spot, and a bar (for Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach stations, and Orlando only.)
How fast does the Brightline train go?
While the Brightline train can reach a speed of 130 mph, its current maximum speeds are: 79 mph between Miami and West Palm Beach. It is expected to reach 110 mph from West Palm Beach to Cocoa, and 125 mph from Cocoa to the Orlando station, i.e. Orlando International Airport.
Does Brightline go from Miami to Orlando?
Brightline will start its operation from Miami to Orlando on September 1, 2023. The Orlando train station is open and ready to welcome passengers, and tickets are now available for purchase.
How long is the Brightline train from Miami to Orlando?
Non-stop Brightline trains between Miami to Orlando will take two hours and fifty-nine minutes, while those going straight from West Palm Beach to Orlando will take two hours. Brightline trains that stop in train stations in between Miami and Orlando will take 3.5 hours.
There will be 16 round trips to Orlando per day with trains leaving every hour.
How much will Brightline cost from Miami to Orlando?
Tickets to ride between Miami and Orlando will start at $79. There will be bundle prices for families.
How much is Brightline from West Palm to Miami?
Tickets to ride between West Palm Beach and Miami start at $10.
Hotels near the Brightline train station in Miami
We hope you love the spaces and stays we recommend! Just so you know, Matador may collect a small commission from the links on this page if you decide to book a stay.
The Elser Hotel Miami
The Elser Hotel Miami is a luxury property located only 10 minutes on foot from the Brightline train station. The hotel’s 646 rooms have wet bars, air conditioning, and rainfall showers. The hotel amenities include a pool with cabanas, sun loungers, and pool umbrellas, a poolside bar, a rooftop terrace, a cafe, a sauna, and a hot tub. The 24-hour health club offers yoga and aerobics classes, and guests can enjoy laundry facilities, and an outdoor entertainment area. Because it’s only half a mile from the station, Premium travelers can benefit from Brightline’s ride share perk to go to/from this hotel to/from the station.
citizenM Miami Worldcenter
Located only eight minutes from the train station, citizenM Miami Worldcenter is a modern and fun four-star hotel. There are two bars on site, as well as a gym, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant: canteenM. The 351 rooms are fitted with air conditioning, laptop-friendly workspaces, hydromassage showers, and eco-friendly toiletries. Because it’s only 0.4 miles away from the station, Premium travelers can benefit from Brightline’s ride share perk to go to/from this hotel to/from the station.
Hotels and Airbnbs in Orlando
Traveling to Orlando, Universal Studios, or Disney World? Check out Matador’s guides to the best places to stay in the area:
- 8 of the coolest Airbnbs near Disney World, Florida
- 15 beautiful Florida Airbnbs for every type of traveler
- 6 Kissimmee Airbnbs for a multi-generational family Disney trip
- Bookend your Disney trip at these beautiful Orlando airport hotels
- The best 11 Airbnbs near Universal Studios
- 10 family-friendly Orlando resorts minutes from all major theme parks
- These downtown Orlando hotels put you near the best of the city center
- Top Orlando Airbnbs with a pool for the ultimate Florida getaway
- 10 great hotels on International Drive in Orlando near theme parks