This week we list 10 organizations that are working towards a cause or making a difference.
1. Sierra Club – Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet.
2. World Land Trust – International conservation charity funding the protection of rainforest and other wildlife habitats.
3. Footprints Network – Philanthropy project that harnesses online businesses and their customers to fund community development projects globally.
4. MASSIVE GOOD – An innovative way to raise funds through travel, to fight HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis and improve maternal and child health in developing countries.
5. Evergreen Canada – A national non-profit that makes cities more livable by connecting people to nature.
6. National Wildlife Federation – The National Wildlife Federation works to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children’s future.
7. Summit on the Summit – Originally created for The Summit on the Summit expedition to Mt. Kilimanjaro, still raising awareness for the clean water crisis around the world.
8. Farm Sanctuary – With locations in NY and CA, the Farm Sanctuary works to end cruelty to farm animals and promotes compassionate living through rescue, education, and advocacy.
9. Project: AK-47 – Exists to rescue and care for the child soldiers and child assassins of SE Asia and Latin America.
10. Human Ventures – Human Ventures create innovative programs, products, and services through arts, community engagement, design, and entrepreneurial practices.
For more organizations and people to follow on Twitter check out Matador’s list – @MatadorNetwork/Change.