30 Things You’ll Never Hear Someone From New Hampshire Say
1. You keep saying “wicked” but I’m not sure what you mean.
2. Dunkins is closer, but I’m really feeling Starbucks.
3. I don’t get the leaf peeping hype — they’re just leaves.
4. Adam Sandler is from New Hampshire? No way!
5. I’ve never had a Fluffernutter before.
6. What’s your area code?
7. I prefer shopping in states that have sales tax.
8. It’s too cold out for iced coffee.
9. You only have homemade syrup from your Uncle’s sugar shack? I was really craving Aunt Jemima.
10. Sorry, can’t come over. I don’t want to drive now that it’s snowing.
11. It’s about time they modernize all of these covered bridges.
12. I have room to bang a uey, but I think I’ll just wait for the next light to turn around.
13. I don’t shop at Market Basket.
14. We could really learn a thing or two from Massachusetts drivers.
15. It’s only 50 degrees; I really wish I brought my coat.
16. None of my friends went to UNH.
17. Do we really need a liquor and wine outlet at every highway exit?
18. “Live Free or Die” is too intense. I wish we had a sweeter, less intimidating motto.
19. Why’d they have to go and open a Dunkins on that corner? There’s one not even two blocks from here!
20. This will be a quick in-and-out trip to Walmart, I promise.
21. Mountains, lakes, the ocean, Boston. I hate having so many day trips to choose from.
22. I don’t know, Lake Winnipesaukee seems pretty average.
23. Fall means the Kanc will be jammed with all sorts of out-of-towners, yay for meeting new people!
24. The skiing around here really sucks.
25. Hiking Mount Washington was a total waste of time — the view wasn’t nearly as cool as I thought it’d be.
26. Hampton Beach is my favorite.
27. I could go the rest of my life without another s’more.
28. Camping? Never been.
29. We really shouldn’t be allowed to buy fireworks so easily.
30. I wish I grew up somewhere else.
What did you think of this story?