- I love shopping in the Kalverstraat. It’s so serene.
- Sure, I take a dip in the canals every weekend. It’s very refreshing.
- Sorry I’m early to the meeting, but it was so easy to find a parking spot.
- I’m in love with those drunk and stoned tourists. Bliss.
- Yes, I’d love to have a beer at the Rembrandtplein! Gezellig.
- I’d never rent out my apartment to tourists on every possible occasion.
- No, I can’t hear my neighbors with their loud music and/or screaming kids.
- I don’t mind that Copenhagen was elected most bike-friendly city in the world last year.
- Let’s wait for the light to turn green, then we’ll cross.
- I’m just really worried what people are going to think.
- No you go first.
- The Noord-Zuid lijn is totally going to be worth the money.
- Finally, a place that sells wooden shoes. I’ve been looking all over for these.
- I don’t remember when Ajax won the Champions League.
- Of course we’ll just split the bill!
- Amsterdam is such a big city, I never run into the same people over and over again.
- Heineken is the best beer in the world.
- I have nothing to complain about. My life is perfect and the weather is lovely as always.
- I definitely pick up after my dog. What, don’t you?
- Jeez, I can’t wait for winter. This summer heat is never-ending.
- Did you see all those awesome new restaurants, bars, and breathtaking modern architecture in Rotterdam? I’m thinking of moving there.
- I got such a great deal on my apartment: centrally located and at a reasonable rate.
- Kingsday sucks, there’s nothing going on in the city.
- I’d rather not live at the canal.
- I hardly ever use my bike anyway, public transport is much faster.
- I wish someone would organize a summer techno music festival.
- Thank god we have the Boekenbal to look forward to every year.
- Johnny Jordaan? Who?
- Hipsters? Where?
- There was hardly any line at Hartog’s Volkoren to get oliebollen.
- Let’s just go to Marqt for a bargain meal.
- I’d never dispose of my trash near a tree in my street.
- I can’t fit my two kids on my bike while holding an umbrella and some bags full of groceries.
- There’s a sign that forbids walking on the lawn in the park, so let’s not do that.
- I saw Holleeder at the bar last night, we had a really nice chat.
- No problem, we’ll just have to carry the sofa up the stairs into the apartment.
- Those tourists really know how to ride a bike!
- Let’s skip this pikketanissietje. It’s time to go home.
- I don’t mind taking the ferry to Noord, not a hassle at all.
- Of course I’ll come visit when you move to Amstelveen!
What did you think of this story?
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points