As your family prepares to decorate their Christmas tree, consider an alternative: decorating chocolate instead. Because at the end of the season, you’re going to have to take your tree down, but if you decorate your chocolate you get to eat it at the end of the season.
Here are some of the best Christmas chocolate decorations we’ve been able to find:
1. Rule #1 of Chocolate decoration: Peppermint can go on anything.
2. You know what would look good on those chocolate Oreos? White chocolate. And sprinkles.
3. You can also dip your chocolate in liquid chocolate.
4. If you’re tied to the Christmas tree, you can always decorate something tree-shaped.
Via The Berry
5. Santa has been known to enjoy chocolate chip cookies sprinkled on top of chocolate donuts.
6. Or you can give him something much more simple.
7. Just rolling chocolate dough in powdered sugar isn’t lazy during Christmas — it’s a simulation of snow.
8. Of course, if you want to go the snow route, you can go all out and build a snowman on a chocolate cupcake.
9. Sometimes called “muddy buddies” or “puppy chow,” this is an essential Christmas chocolate recipe.
10. It’s pretty easy to make reindeer faces out of chocolate.
11. Also, this exists.
Via Counting Stars
12. Fans of The Nightmare Before Christmas shouldn’t be left out either.
13. A good Christmas challenge: See how many layers of chocolate you can fit on top of each other.
Via Full Cravings
14. My personal favorite chocolate brand, Christmas style.
15. Chocolate can be the decoration, too.
16. It can be a very minimal decoration.
17. Or a very elegant decoration.
Via Keep Smiling
18. Or the outer layer to something else that’s delicious.
Via The Berry
19. This has fruit, so you know it’s healthy.
Via Mrs. Madness
20. Easily the most delicious-looking Santa I’ve ever seen.
21. Don’t worry, it’s not possible to get diabetes from a picture.
22. In order to make something Christmas-y, all you really need to do is put red and green sprinkles on it.
Via Nom Nom Nom
23. Unless it’s hot chocolate, which just needs marshmallows.