15 Sights Only Someone From Rhode Island Would Recognize
1. The Big Blue Bug enjoying an Awful Awful.
2. Memorial Day.
3. Stocking up on milk and bread at Cumbies before a Nor’easter.
4. Tony Lepore aka the dancing cop making the afternoon commute a little more entertaining.
6. That time when a Del’s and a ‘Gansett had a baby.
7. This section of the grocery store.
8. Where we spend our mornings.
9. This sign.
10. People who take their seafood this seriously.
11. This freakishly beautiful couple who seem to find Rhode Island’s most iconic places and pose in front of them.
11. When hoards of sun tanned, Lacoste-wearing prepsters descended on Newport for the Volvo Ocean Race.
12. Receiving the most anticipated issue of Rhode Island magazine has us like.
13. Driving on the Pell bridge when it looks a little something like this.
14. When the first snowflake of the year falls and the news stations and school systems react like this.
15. When everyone all over the world banded together to make one little Rhode Island boy’s dream of becoming famous a reality.
Westerly kids have to stick together. Stay strong, Dorian, we are all thinking of you! #DStrong pic.twitter.com/Es0s2x4DAs
— Conan O’Brien (@ConanOBrien) January 16, 2016
16. A giant pink cupcake with wheels driving along I-95.
17. What true dedication looks like when you live in the Ocean State.
18. When even the traffic announcements on I-95 start to sound like Peter Griffin.
19. When Buddy Cianci runs for mayor (again).
20. When one of RI’s most famous residents announced her arrival.
21.A super chill verandah selfie at the Ocean House.
Featured image by Kiel James Patrick.
What did you think of this story?