EACH WEEK WE CHOOSE OUR favorite images from readers, fans, and travelers, who tag their photos with #travelstoke and post them on our Instagram account. These pictures provide a daily dose of inspiration, and challenge us to photograph the world in innovative ways.
1. Image shot by Jeremy Ullmann in Kyrygzstan.
View this post on Instagram
Winding around alpine lakes in Arslanbob and riding through the snow-tipped tops of its surrounding mountains were some of the most surreal experiences of my time in Kyrygzstan. Although I was nearly thrown off rodeo-style on many occasions (right next to steep drops too), it was pretty spectacular and really makes you wonder why are westerners are so adamant that the 'stans' are so flat, deserty and dead. #travelstoke
2. Paul Pichugin at The Treasury at Petra, Jordan.
3. Emma Fehon in Moorea, Tahiti.
4. Julie and Homer Ap travel the world with their family. This was shot in Joshua Tree National Park.
Although Joshua Tree National Park sees 1.4 million visitors annually, it is easy to go hours without encountering other travelers, especially before and after park hours. Here, our two City Girls marvel at the solitude of JTNP's Box Canyon Road as sunset approaches. #hikingwithkids #familytravel #outdoorfamilies #memoriesbeforestuff #travelstoke #travelwithkids #joshuatree #joshuatreenationalpark #exploringtheglobe #mkbvacation #childhoodunplugged
5. Kristen Bor camping out Gros Ventre Campground, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.
6. Brian Lewis trekking in Flat Tops Wilderness Area, Colorado.
7. Thuy Vi Gates shot UNESCO World Heritage site, Qutub Minar, on the outskirts of New Delhi, India.
Qtub Minar is a #UNESCO World Heritage site at the outskirts of #NewDelhi, #India. The intricately carved #fairytale #minaret with #balcony (379 steps!) is a stunning example of red sandstone #Mughal #architecture. The #ancient site took some 200 years to build,1193-1368. #TravelTip: Look for green parrots in the morning!
8. Joanne Chui exploring Yathay Pyan Cave in Hpa-An, Myanmar.
9. Tara Lowry shot this in Havana, Cuba.
10. Image shot by Sasha D Gupta at a school in Ladakh, India.
At Diskit monastery in Ladakh, in a school run by an NGO, I stumbled upon this reluctant student. His eyes and mind were more on my lens than his books and his mischievous antics had me in splits. Ladakh, meaning, "the land of high passes", lies at an altitude of above 9000 feet in the Himalayan state of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is a harsh terrain, with around 230 sparsely populated villages.Local and international NGOs run around 900 schools in this area, a commendable feat. #ladakh #india #travelstoke @katiescottaiton
11. Image shot by Jeremy Ullmann in Petra, Jordan.
12. Doree Simon in the Cape of Goodhope, South Africa.
13. Ibra Cetindemir captures the recent eclipse in Mount Rainier National Park.
This image is from last night's eclipse. It is composed of 12 different images stacked together. I used that technique in order to display the different phases of the eclipse in one single image it was a cold night, but thankfully my friends brought some fire wood and marshmallows! #astrophotography #travelstoke #landscape #moon #lunareclipse #pnwonderland @natgeocreative
14. Image shot by Jimi James Frazier Garland getting in deep at The Grand Canyon.
Getting in deep at The Big Ditch (aka The Grand Canyon) while trekking with @aoaadventures. There's not a bad view on this classic hike that traverses the diverse swath of ecosystems that bring this Natural World Wonder to life. The 24-mile trek can be done as a stout one day challenge, a great multi-day backpacking experience, or a full service holiday with the hospitality offered at the historic Phantom Ranch. #TheWest #ColoradoRiver #USA #DesertDweller #theoutbound #savetheconfluence #visitAZ #GrandCanyon #goguided #hike #exploremore #outside #backpacking #rei1440 #findyourpark #travelstoke
15. Nicole Thorton shot this over Mount Snowdon, Wales.
16. Rachel Kristensen chasing the sun on Waterfowl Lakes in Banff National Park, Canada.
17. Katie and Scott Bray hunt Aurora Borealis in Nellim on the shore of Lake Inari in Inari, Finland.
It's October 1st! The start of the elusive aurora borealis season! I can't wait to see all the lights in my feed. Happy hunting!! #finland #lapland #northernlights #aurora #instagood #beautiful #auroraborealis #winterwonderland #twowayfaryingwanderers #travel #travelstoke #natgeotravelpic #wanderlust #travellife #theglobewanderer @katiescottaiton
18. Candid photo of Nikki Vargas taken by @maxwhittaker at Mono Lake, California.
19. Joanna Kalafatis walking on the cobblestone streets of the small town of Areopolis in Greece.
20. Sharon Lewin shot this in Bagan, Myanmar.