EACH WEEK WE CHOOSE OUR favorite images from readers, fans, and travelers, who tag their photos with #travelstoke and post them on our Instagram account. These pictures provide a daily dose of inspiration, and challenge us to photograph the world in innovative ways.
Here are this week’s editors’ picks of people finding some serious #travelstoke.
1. Awesome shot by Stevin Tuchiwsky from Lundbreck Falls in Alberta, Canada.
2. Photo by Jake Thompson taking in the view in The Sacred Valley, Peru.
Taking in the view in the Sacred Valley. #igersperu #peru #hiking #travelstoke #landscape #neverstopexploring #resourcetravel #travel #adventure #mountain #clouds #sacredvalley #Cusco A photo posted by Jake Thompson (@ja_thomp) on
3. Mealt Waterfall, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Photo by Kevin Monahan.
After a good few hours at the Old Man of Storr we hit the road to see some more sights. One reason Skye is so amazing is you don’t have to drive very far before you are pulling off the side of the road to get a good shot. Next on the list was Kilt Rock (20 minutes away) which comprises of spectacular sea cliffs that are 180 feet tall. Here is Mealt Waterfall contrasting nicely against the basalt columns and dark rocks below. This might not have been my favorite location in Skye but it was definitely my favorite picture! Really happy with how it turned out!#optoutside #brilliantmoments #scotland #lovegreatbritain
4. Under the sea off Norfolk Island in the South Pacific, shot by Zach Saunders.
A world of mystery and imperfections #thepinetimes A photo posted by Zach Sanders (@zachsanders) on
5. Brandon Born at Cold Lake in Alberta.
In Awe /// Here’s a re edit and re crop of my all time favourite photo of myself! Using just a tripod and I timer, I took this fun selfie last February during on of the most insane northern light shows I’ve ever witnessed! The lights were visible for hours throughout the night and full of so many beautiful colours! I feel very honoured as this shot is being used as the cover shot of this months @outpostmagazine as well as being used in the yearly Nature Canada calandar! Alongside that I just found out this morning that I was in the @natgeo Daily Dozen yesterday!!! Psyched at how much recognition this photo has received and I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes next! ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️ “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29
6. Dylan Toh & Marianne Lim in Korpudalur, Iceland.
Have a great week coming up a everyone ! I feel I can finally post this shot of Mariannes with the vertical crop 🙂 taken 5years ago in the west fjords of Iceland . www.everlookphotography.com #everlookphotography A photo posted by Dylan Toh & Marianne Lim (@everlook_photography) on
7. Jordan Herschel in the Alabama Hills, California.
8. Justin Dong in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Washington.
I woke up like this… A photo posted by Justin Dong (@justindong_) on
9. Stunning Kalanggaman Island, Leyte, Philippines. Photo taken by Richard Ballon.
10. Katie Goldie Peyto Lake in the Canadian Rockies, Alberta, Canada.
Snow in the Rockies is like that whipping cream to my hot chocolate. A photo posted by katie|goldie (@goldiehawn_) on